Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:55:57 PM EDT
OK, now that I have my Armalite AR, have shot it and it feels great, how often do I need to clean it. Do I need to clean it every time I shoot it, or should I do it after so many rounds. Thanks in advance for your opiions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:57:41 PM EDT
Everytime you're done shooting. No matter how many rounds you put through it. hug.gif
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:59:34 PM EDT
How long should it take you to clean it? Not an anal cleaning but a thorough one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:59:55 PM EDT
Every time, without fail.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:04:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Foxtrot427:
How long should it take you to clean it? Not an anal cleaning but a thorough one.

That depends on your skill level. How skilled are you?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:05:58 PM EDT
Use something like FP10 and your bolt and carrier will be very easy to wipe off and relube. Punch the bore and chamber a couple times and you shold be able to do a quick job in 15. Be sure to get the carbon off the end of the bolt, too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:07:10 PM EDT
Clean it everytime you get done fireing it for the day, no exceptions, this is true for all weapons. It generally takes me about 20 minutes to do it thoroughly, once you get used to it I'm sure you can get it down to something around there, give or take a few minutes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:27:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Foxtrot427:
Not an anal cleaning but a thorough one.

You are supposed to do that after you take a crap.

You should clean your rifle after you are done shooting for the day. Just follow the instructions that came with your rifle and that should be plenty for cleaning.
Top Top