Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 9:18:50 AM EDT
Hello gals and guys !

I am considering about buying  a RRA AR-15 into its standard A4 configuration but I am wondering something : would it be possible to obtain one with a chrome-lined barrel ?

Keep shooting safe !
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
yes...  $30-35 extra
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought they were all chrome... is chrome moly not chrome?  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, that is an option.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#5]
At the beginning, I have considered an Olympic Arms rifle but the price was not in favor of them when compared with Rock River Arms....And when I read reviews of shooters on this board...

It look like RRA rules ! (& they have 2-stage trigger for the same price !?A far away shooters thanking you !
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought they were all chrome... is chrome moly not chrome?  

Not the same.  Chrome moly is the basic steel, 4140 alloy in the case of RRA.  Chrome lining of chamber and barrel is done after the barrel is made.  Your ordering FFL can hook you up, just specify that you want chrome lined, if you do.  Advantage is longer life, disadvantage is slightly less accuracy, so they say.

Great rifle.

Rick
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top