Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:36:16 PM EDT
Just wondering?? About durability or any know problems. If you love'em or hate'em please tell me why. Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:17:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrowKing:
Just wondering?? About durability or any know problems. If you love'em or hate'em please tell me why. Thanks in advance.

Good stuff. The upper is built by Sabre Defence, and the lower is durable enough for a lifetime without any issue
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 8:12:03 PM EDT by bmick325]
I think they are the best buy out there on an AR lower.

I've got a Cav MKII lower on a spare Colt M4 upper I had lying around (blasphemy...I know), but it runs great. The stock and grip angle fit me perfect. Cav's are also good if you want to do a pistol caliber build because the mag well is wider and can accomodate grease gun mags for a .45 upper. The only downside I can think of is that you can't install a telestock, but I'm partial to fixed, A1 length stocks anyway.

ETA: Great deal on Cav lowers
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:21:35 AM EDT
Check the web site for reviews .
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:39:01 AM EDT
I was going to buy one complete just after the AWB expired but Cav Arms had a hard time getting chrome lined bbls (common problem for all assemblers at the time). I still want one because it is a neat concept.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:11:04 PM EDT
I have a CavArms 14.5" 1:9 chrome lined upper and furniture that I bought as a kit from DSG Arms. I mated it to a DPMS lower that I put together myself. The gun has run flawlessly for approximately 1000 rounds now and is quite accurate. I have shot LC XM193, WWB .223, UMC .223 and Winchester Ranger 64gr PSP with zero malfunctions. Fit and finish of the upper and the furniture are excellent and are better than my 2 Colts.

I am extremely happy with my Cavarms upper. I have no experience with their lowers.
Top Top