Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 12:52:48 PM EDT
I mean does the government watch you closer now. What are the cons about owning a class III license??   Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if they do watch you close you probably wouldnt know much about it. They are probably watching you because you like SVT hahaha. Seriously though I doubt it. There are plenty of class III dealers and such out there. Plus there are plenty of other problems for them besides watching you because you can legally buy and sell NFA regulated firearms.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
"class 3/III license"  doesn't exist.
 ffl, either type 01, 07, or 02, allows buyin' & sellin' regular non machineguns.
apply for ffl, fingerprints/pictures/copy of application sent to CLEO for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, payment of $200 for 3years as FFL. After that is approved (subject to local zoning regs for any FFL) then Payment of the annual Special Occupational Tax (SOT) enables the dealer/mfg to do business in machineguns/suppressors/etc.  FFL accepts permiting ATF to enter place of business (licen sed premise) un-unannounced once per year  during normal busines hours as noted on inital ffl application for "Compliance Inspection". ATF can look at the bound book and compare it to inventory on hand, and compare both to any MG/Suppressor/etc inventory show in the ATF NFRTR.

ATF cannot drop in anytime they like without probable cause, usually sufficient to rate a warrant. they can call & request info on firearms other mfg's/distributors/ffl's have records showing said firarm was shipped to ffl of interest.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Almost forgot.....   applying for a FFL means you are intending to run a business, buying & selling.  just buying for personal used will get your FFL pulled. Federal Felony to lie on application. "lie" being you say you want to run a buy/sell business, but you only buy but don't sell.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]
GATHER ROUND CLASS

"A MAN THAT REPRESENTS HIMSELF IN COURT HAS A FOOL FOR A LAWYER, A MAN THAT GETS LEGAL ADVICE FROM THE INTERNET HAS 10,000 FOOLS FOR A LAWYER"

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU TRUST THIS FORUM FOR ADVICE LEGAL ADVICE? UNLESS PRISON WEDDINGS ARE INTERESTING TO YOU. ABOUT HALF OF THE INFO ON HERE IS INTENTIONALY OR MALICIOUSLY WRONG, ALMOST THE FULL OTHER HALF IS JUST STUPID WRONG. THERE IS VERY LITTLE LEFT, YOU CHOICE THOUGH.

THERE IS NO CLASS3/III LICENSE? WELL BETTER GET ON THE HORN AND WHIP THE BATFE INTO SHAPE ON THAT, YOU KNOW THAT TROUBLESOME FORM THEY HAVE (5630-7) WHERE YOU CHECK THE BOX FOR A CLASS 1 IMPORTER, CLASS 2 MANUFACTUR OR CLASS 3 DEALER.

MAYBE THAT IS WHERE ALL THE CONFUSION COMES FROM?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Good thing this isn't the full auto forum or Hineline would be in here to spank all you guys.

Do research. Start here:

www.titleii.com

That should get you started.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
GATHER ROUND CLASS

"A MAN THAT REPRESENTS HIMSELF IN COURT HAS A FOOL FOR A LAWYER, A MAN THAT GETS LEGAL ADVICE FROM THE INTERNET HAS 10,000 FOOLS FOR A LAWYER"

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU TRUST THIS FORUM FOR ADVICE LEGAL ADVICE? UNLESS PRISON WEDDINGS ARE INTERESTING TO YOU. ABOUT HALF OF THE INFO ON HERE IS INTENTIONALY OR MALICIOUSLY WRONG, ALMOST THE FULL OTHER HALF IS JUST STUPID WRONG. THERE IS VERY LITTLE LEFT, YOU CHOICE THOUGH.

Well thank God you are here to set us all straight now.

I didn't bother to quote the rest of your post, because - by your own advice - we shouldn't listen to it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
GATHER ROUND CLASS

THERE IS NO CLASS3/III LICENSE? WELL BETTER GET ON THE HORN AND WHIP THE BATFE INTO SHAPE ON THAT, YOU KNOW THAT TROUBLESOME FORM THEY HAVE (5630-7) WHERE YOU CHECK THE BOX FOR A CLASS 1 IMPORTER, CLASS 2 MANUFACTUR OR CLASS 3 DEALER.

MAYBE THAT IS WHERE ALL THE CONFUSION COMES FROM?

DAMN, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN CAPS ONLY, ITS VERY GAY.

Nathan
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GATHER ROUND CLASS

Well thank God you are here to set us all straight now. her

hahha note to self: never listen to anything DK Prof has to say.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
DAMN, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN CAPS ONLY, ITS VERY GAY.

Nathan

When did you come out of the closet?

j/k...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Almost forgot.....   applying for a FFL means you are intending to run a business, buying & selling.  just buying for personal used will get your FFL pulled. Federal Felony to lie on application. "lie" being you say you want to run a buy/sell business, but you only buy but don't sell.

I run all my NFA stuff though an FFL that pays $3000 a year to do so only so he can buy class 3 stuff. He does free transfers to keep a good flow going so as not to raise any suspicion.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 87 class 3 licences, and the damned feds keep jumping out of my bushes like Indians every five minutes!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top