Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 12:02:57 PM EDT
going to be breaking in a new RRA complete upper..  is there any best particular way to break it in.
i have heard take a shot, clean x3 then 5 shot groups and clean x3. is this correct, ive also heard people say take a 10 shot group and clean..  when i say clean i dont mean a complete. i mean the barrel itself. using hoppes 9.   any advice would be greatly appreciated..   also going to get this acog sighted in zero hopefully. :)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/fauxquantum/fsnm43.jpg
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
RB Precisions, an AR15 Forum Dealer, has specific 'Barrel Break In' procedures on its website
http://www.rbprecision.com/rb_precision_ar15_performance_tips_.htm
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Oil it up, shoot only wolf till it jams, then you'll have an Idea how dirty it can get & still function (worst case w/wolf)

let us know round count.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]

For a regular AR barrel, there really isn't any "break-in" procedure.  Just shoot it and clean it when you are done shooting.

(Some people even suggest that much of the recommended break-in for stainless match barrels may be pretty unecessary as well.)

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
No wolf outt this thing..
gonna blow off some adcom 5.56 62 grain..
mission  hit dimes from 50 yards and quarters from 100 yards.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]
just shoot the hell out of it.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top