Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:24:32 AM EDT
The Buffer Technologies AR15 buffer goes where? I've seen a picture of it (kinda looks like a dildo head!) so I was figuring that it went on the rear of the buffer itself. Am I correct? How hard are they to install?

Reason I ask is that I'm having short strokes with my AR10 and M80 Ball. The heavier BH 168gr stuff works fine but it seems as though the 147-150gr rounds just don't have the "oomph" to overcome the AR10's manly recoil spring. So I used an AR15 rifle length spring (for the lighter M80-type loads ONLY) and it seems to cycle just fine without any unusual marks on the buffer itself from battering. However, I want a little extra "insurance" in the form of a buffer just in case the AR15 spring doesn't provide enough power over time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone??????
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Your current buffer should have already polymer 'dildo end' on it , which is where the Buffer Tech is installed, to swap it out just drive the pin thru and remove the old one be sure not to lose it contents ie. shot or weights whichever and you may have to drill a new hole in the Buffer Tech piece the put it and drive the pin thru. The installed standard recoil buffer on the buffer itself  is no worse than the Buffer Tech piece or so I was told as I started to purchase one at a gun store one day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
worthless.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Buffer Technologies AR15 buffer goes where? I've seen a picture of it (kinda looks like a dildo head!) so I was figuring that it went on the rear of the buffer itself. <snip>quote]

Ahem.

Then you're probably going to want to insert it into your buffer tube.

I'm glad you didn't ask about your gas port.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
worthless.

+1
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top