Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 1:29:51 AM EDT
Gentlemen,

Do any of you know which FF railed handguards will fit on a POF piston upper other than their Predator rail system?

Same question applies for the LW piston upper and which FF railed handguards will fit.  (last I checked on the LW, only the SIR does, anything else?)

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#2]
sorry, I got nothin.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the POF upper also.  I would order one if I knew I could put a DD or similar rail on it but, The Predator system is just to bulky for my taste
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They now produce a slim version of the Predator rail system.  They are also working on a version with a Troy rail system.  I have heard from someone that works at ARMS that a SIR (I can't remember which one) can be modified to fit the POF system.  No more DI guns or aluminum mags for me.  C Products stainless and POF uppers from now on!

TS
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have a picture of this slim POF handguard?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
GP rail is what comes on the LW uppers.  It will likely fit the POF as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:32:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone have a picture of this slim POF handguard?

There is a topic right here started by POF it shows the new hand guard
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=275846

or you could go into the industry forum and go to the POF section.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=206

There you can find pictures of the old and new to compair sizes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I spoke with POF and they said that the only hand guard option at this time is the Predator (slim and regular model) and their M4 plastic hand guard.  This is due to the size of their barrel nut that also doubles as a guide for the actuating rod.

They say they are working on a slimmer barrel nut that will allow more hand guard options.

My 2 cents: Don’t judge the Predator hand guard by it pictures or by someone else’s opinion.  I thought it looked bulky and I heard it was bulky (in a review).  I decided to try it.  They said I could return it if I was unhappy.  For my hands it definitely is not.  I have medium sized hands.  If you have the opportunity, try the Predator before you pass it up.  Hand guard size is a personal preference but I don't think you will be dissatisfied.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top