Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/31/2006 4:12:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
i just read in the black rifle 2 that in 2001 Colt marked the bolt with a large C where the mpc goes to indicate that it was intended for commercial sale.  It didnt say anything about a CS in there but CS could deffinantly mean "C" comercial "S" sale.  BRII shows a pic of the bolt and it was done with an engraving pen by hand .
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I just recently purchased a Colt "CS" A1 length stock which actually has the letters raised on the stock itself.  From what I have heard, they are pretty hard to come by.  It is a very, very nice unit.  Since I have had it, I have wondered what it stood for.  I figured "Colt" something.  

Will be nice to know if someone has a definite answer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
There are quite a few odd bolts showing up in Colt commerical/export Carbines these days.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

In your case, "Colt Sporter".   They came on the R6530 Sporter Lightweight carbines in 1991.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In your case, "Colt Sporter".   They came on the R6530 Sporter Lightweight carbines in 1991.

You da man!  (IM sent...)  

That was in reference to the buttstock markings.  SPORTER bolts were not marked CS, but some buttstocks were.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a few colt le 6920's and the last one i purchased NIB has a CS marked bolt. I called colt and asked why the bolt was marked CS compared to MPC like the others i have. The guy at colt advised me that as long as it was marked with a C it was a colt bolt and refused to give me anymore info other than to tell me sometimes bolts are marked differently.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a few colt le 6920's and the last one i purchased NIB has a CS marked bolt. I called colt and asked why the bolt was marked CS compared to MPC like the others i have. The guy at colt advised me that as long as it was marked with a C it was a colt bolt and refused to give me anymore info other than to tell me sometimes bolts are marked differently.

Calling Colt is not at all a sure way to get good info, never know what moron you are going to talk to.  Notice that variablebinary (Spelling?) bolt does not have a C on it, but it is the correct bolt:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=275093
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top