Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:00:53 AM EDT
do all of you guys sit around the house with your rifle?
when i kick back in my computer chair i usually have my rifle across my lap or propped up on my knee watching tv
i dunno if im weird or if everyone else does this too
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You psycho, you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I always leave mine lying around on the couch so I can pick it up at whatever discretion :)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#3]
What, you don't take it to the thundercloset?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I dry fire mine alot. It helps strenghten the muscles you use to shoot. I usually do it with the heavier varmint gun. Back in late 80's I did it with my H&K91. it stays in the safe now since I don't wnat to many guns around the house.
JR
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#6]
yes sir you are freaking nuts.

You don't idly handle your circular saw while you surf, do you?

Of course, maybe you live in a rough neighborhood, and need instant access to high powered weapons.  Don't shoot your eye out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#7]
All you guys that do keep them around the house, what do your wives say about that? :-P  My mom doesn't like guns so I have to keep it locked up in the safe.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
when i kick back in my computer chair i usually have my rifle across my lap or propped up on my knee watching tv

Do I keep my AR out and ready all the time? No, that's what the shotgun is for.

-------

ETA: Unless I'm watching 24, then I have the AR out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I have shot so many invisible zombies with magic ammunition that it ain't even funny. Well, then again, it is quite funny
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What, you don't take it to the thundercloset?

Thundercloset that is funny. I allways say I am going to a meeting in the Oval Office.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#11]
It's not totally uncommon for me to have my rifle near me.  Especially when surfing the firearms corners of the web.  I dry fire it, and use it for reference on discussions.  My wife doesn't mind much.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine is sitting on my couch as I type...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#13]
You actually watch TV with it across your lap?
That is just wierd.
I leave mine under my pillow where it belongs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#14]
lol well im in college sitting at home i havent started my job yet
(next week, can you say more gear?)
so when i chill in my room watchin tv i usually have it proped on my leg
or across my lap, parents dont mind cause we have guns laying around the house

model 700 for stray dogs/coyotes
12 guage mossberg for close range problems
my ar for all of the above but i dont keep a loaded mag in it when i sit around it lays on my desk
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I am not the best with a pistol, so I often work on my stance and on drawing during the day (I work from a home office).

That said, I often have a rifle or parts on my desk as I clean them during teleconferences and other crap meetings.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#16]
doesn't everyone have a shower gun?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I only did what you're doing only during the '92 L.A. riots when I lived there at the time, for three straight days (even at night in my bed ).

These days at least one AR is ready to go but not close by and I just have any of my pistols handy within arms reach.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I virtually always have my AR within line of sight when I'm at home.

The wife get's a bit testy about it though.  As she's standing there holding it for me as I munch chips and watch TV she complains, "This thing is getting heavy!  Can't you hold it for a while?"  If she keeps that attitude up, next week I'll have her follow me to the thundercloset so I can read the Shotgun News w/ both hands.

Sly
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#19]
YOU GUYS ARE FRIGGING NUTZOIDS!!!

I keep mine in the case, where it belongs; I usually have a cheap balisong knife to practice opening and clising it; I dulled out the blade and rounded the tip with a Dremel and I twirl it around ever so often.

If I want to fondle a firearm, I got my Airsoft guns for that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I aim mine at the t.v. and pretend to shoot the bad guys. And when I watch war movies, I'm right there in the fight. My wife is jealous of my AR. I look at it more than I look at her
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#21]
GLOCK 19, SA 1911, M590A1 and of course one of my beloved AR's all within reach when sitting here at the puter desk.  Sometimes all of this paper work gets in my way.  The fiance doesn't seem to mind...

...and that's why she is my fiance!!

--VT

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#22]
nope

all in reach, none on me
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine are usually in a case, to take shooting the next day.  Either that or they are on my workbench for cleaning.  Maybe I'm just weird, I dunno...  

eta:  Although, when I get my G19, I'm making a holster that bolts to the side of my computer desk  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Depends on what's on TV.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#25]
wow I guess the internet really is filled with nutjobs and psycos... I feel at home here...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
wow I guess the internet really is filled with nutjobs and psycos... I feel at home here...

+1
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Whenever I am home, I have a shotty leaning in a corner in my room so it is handy incase some jehovia's witnesses come.  I carrry too so I usually always have hand gun on my person or on my desk somewhere handy.  There is an old proverb from some foreign country that says never be more than 10 steps away from you sword.    
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#28]
My ARs keeping me company when I can't sleep. Think there might be a handgun or twenty within reach too!http://www.gun-one.com/Den.jpg
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#29]
If you are a fondler don't get the "pointy" Phantom. Stub your toe, or drop that f...er and you'll remember it
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#30]
And I thought I was the only nut,,lol!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Depends on what's on TV.

WIZZO

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#32]

>>do all of you guys sit around the house with your rifle?

Is this so outta the ordinary that one must ask?

Certainly.

Makes my wife a bit  jealous too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:17:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The AR pistol (Bushy 97S) has taken center stage (lap) at my house. Getting old and it makes it much easier to shoot the TV bad guys/zombies now-a-days.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#34]
I do most all the time. I actually put them all in the case the other day but ten minutes later I was wanting to end the war and save the trees so I got them back out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Just don't rest your chin on it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#36]
you guys are nuts....

only reason i have mine near is because i need it when i go the bathroom.  i need the surefire to light up the halll in the dark.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#37]
My AR is always within close reach, but no, it's not sitting on my lap right now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#38]
DO you guys make machinegun noises while killing imaginary zombies? LOL
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Years ago when I was in the military, I was on a team that played the evil Russian army. We had uniforms to match the soviet weapons we used.

I came home one day and decided to clean my personal AK. I was still in my soviet para-jumpsuit. Without thinking I turned on HBO and Red Dawn was on.

A short time later my wife came home. There I was, sitting on the couch, in my soviet jumpsuit, with my AK, watching Red Dawn. She asked me if I was wearing my new junior paratrooper pajamas. To this day I can't live that down.......

I'm not allowed in the TV room with a rifle anymore. At least not if I'm wearing a soviet uniform...

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#40]
I have my rifle slung around my chest when I walk around the house.  Then I have my rifle under my pillow when I'm sleeping.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I've been known to fondle a rifle or a Glock or two. Even old Col. Jeff Cooper recommends dry firing at characters on TV for practice on various types of moving targets (making sure your weapon is unloaded, of course). And them deer hunting shows are tailor-made for some fun dry firing!

John
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
doesn't everyone have a shower gun?

Pshhh, thats like underwater bumping with training wheels, don't you have a bathtub?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
A short time later my wife came home. There I was, sitting on the couch, in my soviet jumpsuit, with my AK, watching Red Dawn. She asked me if I was wearing my new junior paratrooper pajamas. To this day I can't live that down.......

I'm not allowed in the TV room with a rifle anymore. At least not if I'm wearing a soviet uniform...

"Junior paratrooper pajamas"!  Now that is truly funny!  

I've been caught in similar embarrasing circumstances.  It's amazing how women can turn the most innocent of things into a lifelong embarassment!

Great story, thanks for sharing, now I don't feel so dumb about some of the silly scenes I've been caught in!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Just make sure to keep the loaded Beta in your safe while you're running around your house clearing rooms late at nigh  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:52:33 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You're damn right that's weird.  You should have a sidearm too!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

No, you tool. I make semi auto noises!!  

My Colt is sitting on the chair next to me.  My Glock is on my lap
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:21:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you tool. I make semi auto noises!!  

My Colt is sitting on the chair next to me.  My Glock is on my lap

My PX4 is sitting on the coffe table in front of me.............cocked and locked CAR under my couch underneath me....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
My ARs keeping me company when I can't sleep. Think there might be a handgun or twenty within reach too! www.gun-one.com/Den.jpg

Thats a great ARFcomer photo

Better than some chronics on the General Discussion forums.....

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:00:49 AM EDT
[#49]
I *MIGHT* occasionally fondle my AR or a shotgun when I watch TV. Certainly not very often. On the
other hand, my pistol safe is next to my computer, so fondling a pistol while surfing happens quite a bit.

Sam
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top