Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:37:56 PM EDT
I'm going to buy an A3 upper in the near future and was wondering who I should go with. All I can tell is that Model 1 sales are MUCH cheaper than Bushmaster.com

The one listed at model 1 sales is $100 for a complete forged A3 upper w/ foreward assist and dust cover. I am also going to buy a flip up rear sight. They have one for $105.00.

Who should I go with? Bushmaster or Model 1 sales?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the Industry section. Most of the dealers there will have a variety of differnet uppers for around that price. Rock River, CMT, DPMS etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Check the Industry section. Most of the dealers there will have a variety of differnet uppers for around that price. Rock River, CMT, DPMS etc.

+1

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't limit yourself to the bottom and top of the price range. There are many good choices in between. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from Model1 sales because I've heard a lot of horror stories but some people haven't had any problems. And I wouldn't recommend buying a stripped upper direct from Bushmaster because you can get them much cheaper from a dealer.  I would look for a CMT/STAG, RRA or Bushy from a dealer in the equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks A LOT for the replies guys.

I was looking at RRA.com (one I've heard of) and found their Forged UTE2 Upper Receiver and Forged IRS Upper Receiver Assembly. I'm assuming the main difference between those is one is similar to an A2 rear sight  while the other is similar to an A1 rear sight?

$210 was about what I was expecting to pay anyway.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Adco has 'em for $179. Scroll to the bottom of the page: RRA UTE UPPER RECEIVER
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Check Here!

Always check out the EE!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Whoa cool. Do you know who had the best price on the IRS upper?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IRS???

ETA: I see now: Integrated Rear Sight.

Havent seen those available yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IRS???

ETA: I see now: Integrated Rear Sight.

Havent seen those available yet.

Yeah, they're on the RRA website.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Says they wont be available until summer '06.

Dont know if I like the idea of either the UTE or the IRS upper receivers. Can limit your options (which could be a good thing $$$) and if the rear sight gets damaged to the point that it would need to be replaced, you will need to replace the entire receiver
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#11]

EE
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dont know if I like the idea of either the UTE or the IRS upper receivers. Can limit your options (which could be a good thing $$$) and if the rear sight gets damaged to the point that it would need to be replaced, you will need to replace the entire receiver

Yeah, that's good advice.

So, if I went with a standard A4 upper, what rear sight should I get to use behind an EOtech? I don't want the EOtech to be aligned with the irons!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Get a regular flat top upper and you can add a removable carry handle, BUIS, scope or red dot. I would recommend getting an ARMS BUIS as seen here: www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=110&cat_id=4

Get the 40L or 40A2 from a dealer in the EE and you'll pay about the same price as the UTE upper or even cheaper and you have the luxery of being able to remove the BUIS.  Besides, something about those uppers just doesn't look right, IMO.

Keep in mind that you need special tools and a little "know how" to assemble the barrel onto the upper. Check out this thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, if I went with a standard A4 upper, what rear sight should I get to use behind an EOtech? I don't want the EOtech to be aligned with the irons!

ARMS 40L or 40A2. If you don't want it aligned with the front post, then you need a riser. Buy the eotech and try it out before you decide.  

ARMS 40A2 and Eotech:

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARMS 40L or 40A2. If you don't want it aligned with the front post, then you need a riser. Buy the eotech and try it out before you decide.  

ARMS 40A2 and Eotech:
img399.imageshack.us/img399/7383/arms40eotech55210pn.jpg
img399.imageshack.us/img399/3884/arms40eotech55229hu.jpg
img301.imageshack.us/img301/4878/arms40eotech55248kt.jpg

OMG that's so hot I WANT!

Is aligning with the front sight more popular  than aligning above it? The only time I've used an EOtech, there were no irons at all, just the rod dot. I really liked that, but I can't completely trust it. That's the only reason I choose to keep irons on there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Neither-one.com

seriously, all you get on Bushmasters site is MSRP and incredibly the inventory is not guaranteed. They use a network of dealerships to move their product - although likely do a brisk internet sales business as well.

There are dealers who will likely have in hand what you need and you will not have to pay bust-out retail for it

EE
Knesekguns.com
Eagle firearms

then there are the other great options of

CMMG
BravoCompany
MTSN
ADCO

good luck and remember to post pix of your gun when you finally score
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARMS 40A2 and Eotech:
img399.imageshack.us/img399/7383/arms40eotech55210pn.jpg
img399.imageshack.us/img399/3884/arms40eotech55229hu.jpg
img301.imageshack.us/img301/4878/arms40eotech55248kt.jpg

OMG that's so hot I WANT!

Is aligning with the front sight more popular  than aligning above it? The only time I've used an EOtech, there were no irons at all, just the rod dot. I really liked that, but I can't completely trust it. That's the only reason I choose to keep irons on there.

If you do not want the irons aligned with the Eotech's reticle then the best option is the LaRue Tactical QD (Quick detach) Eotech mount. I rises the Eotech a bit, placing the irons in the lower third of the sight picture through the Eotech. This is the sight picture preferred by most for the Eotech and Aimpoint users, as it gives a less cluttered sight picture.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top