Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 4:08:50 PM EDT
I'm going to change out my A2 upper receiver in favor of the A3 flattop.

I was wondering what the best match for this would be, for fit and color.  The rifle is a not a safe queen, so I'm not looking for something with uber-tight match-quality tolerances, but I eventually want to put some battle optics on it, and carry-handle-mounted optics are too high for my taste.

I want the upper to be t-marked, and that's why I'm not going with Bushmaster.

What do you think of the CMMG upper?  What others might fit my needs?  Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a CMMG rail upper and a Bushmaster lower.  The color is similar between the two, but the CMMG upper is slightly higher gloss with its coating.  Overall I would say it is a close enough match.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Bushy A2 and for the longest time I wanted to get an A3 upper instead but I didn't want to pay $180 from Bushy and I wanted my upper and lower to match in color.   I don't keep mine as a safe queen and I couldn't care less when the thing gets all; scratched up but I like my upper and lower to match.  I searched for months and I kept hearing CMT and White Oak Armarment.  One of the guys here had the same problem Bushy A2 and wanted a matching upper so he tried the White Oak and it matched perfect.  So I eventually went with the White Oak about 3 weeks ago and the match is perfect.  The upper is a little dry when you get it back and you will probably need to put some CLP on it but it really is a perfect match.

Go into the EE and look under uppers there are pics of the other guys bushy and mine on the last page.  (look under ADCO white oak armarment uppers)

ADCO is the only company that sells WOA and they install it at no extra charge, it cost me $109 with shipping

link to EE ad
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two Bushmaster lowers using CMT RAS#'d A3 uppers and they match perfectly.

I bought both upper receivers from Denny, he has the CMT's above for $95 shipped.

Here's a pic of the match on my M4gery. Bushy lower with CMT RAS #'d Upper receiver.

And,

HS1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have two Bushmaster lowers using CMT RAS#'d A3 uppers and they match perfectly.

I bought both upper receivers from Denny, he has the CMT's above for $95 shipped.

Here's a pic of the match on my M4gery. Bushy lower with CMT RAS #'d Upper receiver.

img465.imageshack.us/img465/5364/cmta3raskeyholemark006resize1k.jpg

And,

img10.imageshack.us/img10/6545/tyleetalentshow035resize1lm.jpg

HS1

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
HighStrung I know you said that CMT RAS#'d A3 matches perfectly but can you say that it matches 100%.

I aslo have BM lower and I don't want to pay BM price for the upper but I want my lower and upper to match 100% .
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
HighStrung I know you said that CMT RAS#'d A3 matches perfectly but can you say that it matches 100%.

I aslo have BM lower and I don't want to pay BM price for the upper but I want my lower and upper to match 100% .

If there is a difference, I sure as shit can't tell.

HS1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]
HS1 that is a nice setup you got there, dude.

Is that an MI handguard?  I want to get one like yours.

Is that CMT upper T-marked?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top