http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1558/sight12zn.gif
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#2]
sweet i may have to get it
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]
wow I like that. Ill probably have to get that. Cant believe that little thing is $20+
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
AR15hunter- is your pic of a different brand than KNS? I don't like the duplex but the plain crosshairs look better.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks cool, I think I might get one to try out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't like the fact that you would apparently have to turn two clicks at a time to get the sight into useable position. Could affect zeroing it in properly... If you needed to go down 1" at 100 yards you couldn't. You'd have to go down 2" at a time at that distance assuming 1 click = 1MOA of course...  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
"I don't like the fact that you would apparently have to turn two clicks at a time to get the sight into useable position. Could affect zeroing it in properly... If you needed to go down 1" at 100 yards you couldn't. You'd have to go down 2" at a time at that distance assuming 1 click = 1MOA of course... "

You would be correct if you could only make elevation adjustments with the front sight.
Don't most modern rear sights have fine elevation adjustments?  Mine do.
The only rear sights I own that don't are BUIS and they are just that: backups
For those I could live with 2MOA

Thoughts???
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"I don't like the fact that you would apparently have to turn two clicks at a time to get the sight into useable position. Could affect zeroing it in properly... If you needed to go down 1" at 100 yards you couldn't. You'd have to go down 2" at a time at that distance assuming 1 click = 1MOA of course... "

You would be correct if you could only make elevation adjustments with the front sight.
Don't most modern rear sights have fine elevation adjustments?  Mine do.
The only rear sights I own that don't are BUIS and they are just that: backups
For those I could live with 2MOA

Thoughts???

You're supposed to use the front sight for elevation adjustment. The rear adjustment knob is for distance/bullet drop compensation, not fine tuning the elevation. At least that is what I got from all the reading I've done on this subject.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My father in law put one on his AR a few months ago and can't stop telling me how great it is. Of course, he did manage to take 1st place with iron sights ( 12th overall ) at our last tactical match, so maybe he's on to something.......I managed 15th..out of 60 ...ya, he'still rubbing that one in too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have shot a few rounds down range with a co worker's rifle that sports one of those sights (actually I ordered it from John/Teknic for the guy). I really liked it but I only had limited time with it. I have Samson front flips on my AR15's so I have no need for them (but wouldn't mind having one if I could use it).
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Stick is on the ball doggone it, very good read indeed.

I have 2 on order now from Brownells....This place really costs me some money.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]
What the hell... After reading Stick's review I decided to order one from Teknic (rainierarms.com) in the Industry section to give it a try.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:05:23 AM EDT
[#13]
"You're supposed to use the front sight for elevation adjustment. The rear adjustment knob is for distance/bullet drop compensation, not fine tuning the elevation. At least that is what I got from all the reading I've done on this subject. "

Well maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years.  I adjust the front sight for my initial elevation just to get it close.  Then I make the finer adjustments with the rear.  I do see your point of having to make half-turn adjustments as opposed to quarter-turn.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:24:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Have one on my FAL and it did tighten up point if impact a little for me but i still liked the original front sight better.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to see the sight picture through one of these in conjunction with an Eotech/Aimpoint. Looks like it would be a great asset.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'd like to see the sight picture through one of these in conjunction with an Eotech/Aimpoint. Looks like it would be a great asset.

When mine gets here I'll try to snap a pic of the EO reticle through it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Tag...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I have one and love it.  It fits perfectly in my peep site so there is no need for centering the post or anything.  I love it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
AR15hunter- is your pic of a different brand than KNS? I don't like the duplex but the plain crosshairs look better.

clicky
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have one and love it.  It fits perfectly in my peep site so there is no need for centering the post or anything.  I love it.

+1 I bought one awhile back from BM, and like the hell out of it, and as someone else said, use the rear sight to fine tune, works like a charm.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top