Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:04:44 AM EDT
Hello to all you gurus out there!

Like the topic says i have a brand new Bushmaster A3 20", and i just fired my first 80rnds off it..
Is that rifle supposed to make a funny sound when firing? Instead of a loud bang it goes like... hmmm... "Boink?" every time when i pull the trigger.

After 20 rounds i was laughing so hard that "Boink":ing sound that i actually missed one @ 100 meters :)

It that normal behavior for my rifle?-)

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:05:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 7:05:50 AM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Normal. That's the buffer spring

You can grease it up if you can't stand the sound
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:11:20 AM EDT
Welocme to ArfCom Jussi

You can also just lube the hell outta it if you dont have grease and it will help too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:54:09 AM EDT

Completely normal.

Congrats on your new rifle

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:54:54 AM EDT
Roger... I fired another 100 rnds off and got kinda used to that "Boink"... Man, that's a funny sound... My friends was about 15feet away from me when i first fired one, even they went "LoL" on that Boinking sound =)

heh... Maybe that settles down after a few hundred rounds =)

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:20:26 AM EDT
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your rifle and don't forget to grab some more mags and ammo!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:33:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jussi:
Hello to all you gurus out there!

Like the topic says i have a brand new Bushmaster A3 20", and i just fired my first 80rnds off it..
Is that rifle supposed to make a funny sound when firing? Instead of a loud bang it goes like... hmmm... "Boink?" every time when i pull the trigger.

After 20 rounds i was laughing so hard that "Boink":ing sound that i actually missed one @ 100 meters :)

It that normal behavior for my rifle?-)

Your new Bushy is working 100% normal. It's a good sound. You can try grease on the buffer spring but the rifle will shoot the same. Welcome to ARFCOM and the home of the Black Rifle. ENJOY!!!!
Top Top