BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know how to tell everybody, but LAR (Grizzley) makes Bushmaster and DPMS lowers.

enjoy your AR

B.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don't know how to tell everybody, but LAR (Grizzley) makes Bushmaster and DPMS lowers.

enjoy your AR

B.

haahaaaaa    

j/k LAR makes nice stuff
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I understand that the Park service down south is almost like infantry units. Those guys get some good kit and get into a lot of crap with the drugs.   The border patrol is losing guys regularly to som eof the mexi-cartel types that our SOFs trained to a pretty high standard, then they swapped ships to the cartels. We're talking 800 yard shots on BP guys.

Doesn't matter whose AR they use, they're undergunned.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks,

Reason I asked is because Ive been getting the old "My bushmaster gets considerable better groups than my buddy's DPMS does" comments fairly often when I mention that Im interested in buying one.

Ive had plenty of experience with the M16A2 in the service, and my DPMS appears to be just as good as I remember the M16 being. I dont own a Bushmaster and havent had an oportunity to test drive one yet.

Thanks again for the input though.

My DPMS is as good as any Bushy, Colt, or any other AR manufacturer out there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will never own a Bushmaster, until they start supporting 3-Gun.  Even then, they have a long way to catch to companies like JP Enterprises, DPMS and Cavalry Arms.  Like others have said, no matter who makes a rifle, EVERYONE has their good runs and bad ones.  Just the way it goes in mass production (although never had any bad parts from JP).  Too, Randy Luth (owner) and his crew are some of the nicest and most helpful people you could imagine working with.  I love them and will always run them hard.

Enjoy the rifle, and hope that you shoot it instead of leaving it in the safe like it seems a lot of folks here do.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK

What safe?? I plan on shooting mine until I pass from this earth!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I cant believe my eyes, DPMS  being compared to Bushmaster, what’s next a Highpoint vs HK thread?

Not even in the same league, and VERY unfair of you, if you ask me!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]

DPMS does need to work on their customer service.

One of my co-workers ordered a chrome plated bolt and bolt carrier from them about a month ago and was told the were out of stock, so he placed one on backorder.

Fast forward to last Saturday, a customer comes into the shop with his new AR build, containig a chrome bolt and carrier. We ask here he got it and he says DPMS. When questioned further he said he ordered it  a week earlier and recived it a few days later.

My co-worker called DPMS to ask what was up and was told the parts were still out of stock. When  he related this story to the DPMS rep on the phone he asked for our phone number and said  he'd call back. So far, as far as I know, no return call has been recieved.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bushmaster:
Base Model: $ 1230.00

Agencies using Bushmaster Rifles:

Standard Issue: Blackwater USA PMC.
U. S. Border Patrol
U. S. Department of Defense
U. S. Department of Homeland Security
U. S. Department of Parks and Recreation
U. S. Customs
U. S. Drug Enforcement Agency
U. S. Marshal's Service
U. S. Secret Service
Alabama Highway Patrol
California Department of Justice
California Highway Patrol
Utah State Highway Patrol
Los Angeles Police Department
Georgia Bureau of Investigation
City of Philadelphia
City of Salt Lake
City of San Jose Police Department
Tennessee Highway Patrol
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

Bushmaster rifles also see combat on a daily bases in Iraq and Afghanistan

DPMS:
Base Modeal: $899.00 US

Agencies using DPMS Rifles:

Unknown:

DPMS rifles have not seen the battle field

The Argument is over.

Bushmaster Firearms is the number one seller of AR15 rifles in the US according to the BATF. Is it because of their low prices? Of course not, Stag Arms, RRA, Olympic Arms and DPMS all make a cheaper platform for customers, but for some reason people keep buying Bushmaster.

Now make your argument:

Dude, eight months ago you didn't even own an AR and now you're an expert?  

To the OP, like others have said, if it works, enjoy it and pay no attention to what other might think.

Seydou
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top