Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:10:15 PM EDT
I just bought a VLTOR modstock, and I had to buy a new stock tube too. The instructions say to remove the locking pin? but i can't seem to knock it out, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:14:47 PM EDT
locking pin? on what? the stock? the receiver?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:05:25 PM EDT
You shouldn't have to punch out any pins to install the Modstoc, IIRC. If you pull STRAIGHT DOWN on the stock retaining lever--don't use the lever as a lever, pull straight down on the lock lever perpendicular to the long axis of the stock--the stock should simply slide onto the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:01:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By feral:
You shouldn't have to punch out any pins to install the Modstoc, IIRC. If you pull STRAIGHT DOWN on the stock retaining lever--don't use the lever as a lever, pull straight down on the lock lever perpendicular to the long axis of the stock--the stock should simply slide onto the buffer tube.

+1. No need to remove the pin. Install the stock onto the tube and then pull down on the latch and slide it the rest of the way on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:46:02 PM EDT
the buffer tube doesn't seem to want to go in... i dont know. HELP!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:47:56 PM EDT
ok NVM i got it...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:51:39 PM EDT
if the stock on my rifle is against my chest... like im pointing the rifle.. do i turn the ring nut CCW or CW?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:54:00 PM EDT
I think you are referring to righty tighty lefty loosey?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:00:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FlyingFive0:
I think you are referring to righty tighty lefty loosey?

yeah i am... this damn ring nut is on there so tight! any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:04:45 PM EDT
It should come off by turning counter clockwise if looking down the sights of the rifle. I had one castle nut that I had put on a buffer tube and snugged down that I had to remove witha dremel. For some reason it seized onto the buffer tube. I broke a cheap stock wrench and tore the steel notches out of the nut with a heavy multi tool wrench. I had to cut the damn thing off. Maybe yours won't do you like mine did.
Top Top