Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:03:43 AM EDT
As the title states I'd like some advice/opinions on AR rifles. I'm looking for something for both plinking & hunting (primarily white-tail deer). I'm a tall guy with loooong arms and would like a full-size AR vs the carbine. Some other questions are:

1) Bushmaster or Rock River? I've kinda narrowed it down to these 2; from what I hear both offer a good price for what you're getting.

2) Varmint or NM/DCM?  Though the little voice in my head tells to screw that idea; since it's my 1st AR; I should get the AR15 A3 config. & mount a scope on it.

3) If I do go the Varmint route; 20" or 24"?

Would appreciate any info, pros/cons, personal experience, etc, etc. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
First off, welcome FMichael...

If you have a chance to shoot a friends AR15, it may help you get ideas as to what you do and do not like about the set-up.

Based on your comments, I'd say a 20" Bushmaster A3 set up would be the ticket. They are very versatile, offer the shooter options for scope or iron shooting, and provide ballistic performance needed for medium to small game hunting

You may even want to read up on other caliber options like the .308, 6.8 SPC, or others, for the hunting element.

One thing for certain, once you get one, and get a chance to get out with it, you will be hooked on the enthusiasm everyone gets after shooting the AR15.

Keep us posted on your choice!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
^ AR 15 A3 is what I'm leaning towards; especially now more than ever.....My brother has his FFL, & gets catalogs from a handful of wholesale co., the latest is from S.O.G. & has the Bushy AR15 A2 for $720 & A3 for $770. Not too shabby IMO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
^ any advice on a "decent" scope to go with an AR15 A3? I'd prefer not to spend over $200.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top