Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 4:07:39 PM EDT
Well, here is a picture of my Bushmaster M4.  My question is on the 2nd picture I posted.  It came with a pinned Izzy muzzle brake.  The holes for the brake are not at 12,3,6,9, they are off, and are more like at 11,2, 5, 8.

Is this a big deal?  Should I contact Bushmaster about it?

Thanks

http://www.marksrentals.com/m4.jpg

http://www.marksrentals.com/izzy.jpg
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That style does not require "clocking" like an A2 does.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry about it.

That scope will probably give you some grief though.  Save up some money for an Aimpoint M3 in a Larue mount, and get a Troy folding rear sight for now.

Trust me on this.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a brake not a hider.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't worry about it.

That scope will probably give you some grief though.  Save up some money for an Aimpoint M3 in a Larue mount, and get a Troy folding rear sight for now.

Trust me on this.

The scope is a cheap red dot.  The reason for it is it's easier for me to acquire the target with the dot because I shoot right handed but I'm left eye dominant.  I can use iron sights if I close my left eye, but the dot allows me to shoot with both eyes open.

I plan on getting a flip up rear sight, as well as a flip up front sight eventually.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The scope is a cheap red dot.  The reason for it is it's easier for me to acquire the target with the dot because I shoot right handed but I'm left eye dominant.  I can use iron sights if I close my left eye, but the dot allows me to shoot with both eyes open.

I plan on getting a flip up rear sight, as well as a flip up front sight eventually.

We all understand the red dot optic principal. What he’s trying to tell you is that cheap optics usually don’t last long. If your going the red dot route save your self some grief and buy right the first time. Aimpoint or EOTech.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It's actually a friends, and I haven't decided yet if I'm buying it from him or not.

I can't afford an eotech after buying the rifle.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I do have the carry handle.

http://www.marksrentals.com/m4a3.jpg
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
You are ready to rock!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's actually a friends, and I haven't decided yet if I'm buying it from him or not.

Practice first with the irons. You’ll have plenty of time to think about optics. Congrats on your purchase, if you do purchase it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought the rifle, it's the optic that is the friends.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I bought the rifle, it's the optic that is the friends.

Ahhhhhhhh.................
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Practice first with the irons. You’ll have plenty of time to think about optics. Congrats on your purchase, if you do purchase it.

I completely agree with QUIB learn the irons first then get an optic.  You will learn to be a much better shooter going with just the irons at first and that way you can save for an EOtech/Aimpoint

congrats and good luck
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Iron sights RULE! ! ! !
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]
The pinned Izzy on my Bushmaster has the slots on the 12, 3, and 9 o'clock positions.  It doesn’t have one in the 6 o'clock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Then you have a pinned Izzy compensator, only 3 slots.

I have a pinned Izzy muzzle brake, 4 slots.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top