Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 2:19:05 PM EDT
Took a rifle that I just built to test fire at the range today.. after every shot the trigger wont reset. Whenever I move the safety switch, the trigger will reset itself. The rifle fires fine.. extracts fine and feeds fine. Does anybody know what could be the problem?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Check to make sure that the disconnector spring is installed with the large side facing down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried to perform a function check IAW the manual?

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/functioncheck.msnw
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Just did the function check (didnt check before for FIRE position only a safety check) and my trigger is not resetting itself. Whenever I hold the trigger and charge the handle.. as I slowly release the trigger the trigger is stuck and wont release itself unless I manually push it forward.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I would disassemble the FCG and reassemble it paying attention to these instructions. Once your done try the function check again.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
That happens when you invert the hammer spring, try to reverse the hammer spring and shoot....

this could solve your problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Solved it! The disconnector spring I had in there was too short (RRA one) and I replaced it with a Stag/CMT spring. The spring didnt have enough "bounce" to reset the trigger. I have a CMT/STAG trigger group.. I always though the lower parts kit were all mil spec and could be interchangable?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Great news!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Solved it! The disconnector spring I had in there was too short (RRA one) and I replaced it with a Stag/CMT spring. The spring didnt have enough "bounce" to reset the trigger. I have a CMT/STAG trigger group.. I always though the lower parts kit were all mil spec and could be interchangable?

Maybe it was the wrong spring (Bolt Catch spring) ??

I actually ordered the RRA spring thinking my CMT/STAG spring was the bolt catch spring so it couldnt or shouldnt be the wrong spring.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top