Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/24/2006 2:19:05 PM EDT
Took a rifle that I just built to test fire at the range today.. after every shot the trigger wont reset. Whenever I move the safety switch, the trigger will reset itself. The rifle fires fine.. extracts fine and feeds fine. Does anybody know what could be the problem?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
Check to make sure that the disconnector spring is installed with the large side facing down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:26:46 PM EDT
Have you tried to perform a function check IAW the manual?

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/functioncheck.msnw
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:31:17 PM EDT
Just did the function check (didnt check before for FIRE position only a safety check) and my trigger is not resetting itself. Whenever I hold the trigger and charge the handle.. as I slowly release the trigger the trigger is stuck and wont release itself unless I manually push it forward.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:36:56 PM EDT
Well I would disassemble the FCG and reassemble it paying attention to these instructions. Once your done try the function check again.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:41:48 PM EDT
That happens when you invert the hammer spring, try to reverse the hammer spring and shoot....

this could solve your problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:54:41 PM EDT
Solved it! The disconnector spring I had in there was too short (RRA one) and I replaced it with a Stag/CMT spring. The spring didnt have enough "bounce" to reset the trigger. I have a CMT/STAG trigger group.. I always though the lower parts kit were all mil spec and could be interchangable?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:11:30 PM EDT
Great news!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:13:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:58:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Teknic:

Originally Posted By shingaling:
Solved it! The disconnector spring I had in there was too short (RRA one) and I replaced it with a Stag/CMT spring. The spring didnt have enough "bounce" to reset the trigger. I have a CMT/STAG trigger group.. I always though the lower parts kit were all mil spec and could be interchangable?

Maybe it was the wrong spring (Bolt Catch spring) ??

I actually ordered the RRA spring thinking my CMT/STAG spring was the bolt catch spring so it couldnt or shouldnt be the wrong spring.
Top Top