BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I like the look of the Modular if nothing else.  I don't subscribe to the M4 profile.  Maybe if there were a technical reason for having a short barrel with a long flash hider on the end of it I could be turned around, but frankly since I live in the US and congress has seen fit to limit my freedom, I'd like to have rifling down all 16" that I have to have.  Also I don't really like the idea of registering my rifle as a SBR, with all the head aches that come with that.  

Show me how to build a 16" rifle with fold down front and rear sights and a free floating quad rail.  That is exactly what I want.  

Thanks for all the input!
Chris
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It's Bushmasters attempt at a signature rifle but they use to many YHM parts that aren't popular.  I've seen first hand the YHM front and rear fold down sights and they are teh suck.  A fluted barrel isn't that big 'o deal and most people prefer to choose their own rail system.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm

Replace BUIS with ARMS rear and PRI front, add a MIAD, and throw in a VLTOR clubfoot and we're in  business. A DD rail would be nice as well

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushmaster has been behind the curve of this website for a very long time now. Look at their new "Predator" offering - it is basically a 3-gun rifle with all of the options that people here have been buying for 2-3 years now.

As for the "building", the Stag uppers listed were alreayd pre-assembled so you don't need any tools or knowledge at all to build a comparable rifle at a better price. I imagine you could pay Bravo Company to install the free float tube of your choice on the Stag upper and still come out way ahead of the $1300 price mark. Heck, you could slap a brand new Larue rail on it, pay $50 to have someone install it and still come out ahead.

If you can build one, then go right ahead, at least bushmaster will fix mine if something goes wrong with it.

If you can build one, you can fix your own if something goes wrong with - and even better it is a lifetime warranty that isn't voided by using certain ammo or other people's parts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Built my own instead of fluted barrel I used a Bushy 16 in Heavy barrel
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top