Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 6:50:23 AM EDT
This one is a first generation Colt bayo, it does not have Armalite markings.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6614637890&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

And people say mg buyers are nuts!  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
What a fucking joke!  $1,336 (at present) for a fucking knife!?  Hey, but I guess if people got the money to waste on a pig sticker, more power to them.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet you $10 its going on an airsoft toy.
Lets just wait for someone to post "OMG!!!11111one, I GOT THE UB3R L337 BOYONET FOR MY REAL STEEL M4A1 5.56 FULLY AUTOMATIC SOCOM AIRSOFT GUN!!!!11" on military photos.net    :p

I couldn't resist
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, at that price level, it would be extremely tempting to build fakes.  In fact, I bet you could reproduce that handle on a lathe in wood, than apply a couple thick layers of enamel and it would look just like the original.  The markings on the blade would be very easy to do with a set of stamps.  The sheath looks standard.  I bet you could make that in a home workshop, including the cost of a donor bayonet for less than $40.  Somebody would buy it.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#4]
You could build a SWEEEET AR with that amount of money.  I guess the crowd bidding on that bayonet are they same crowd that pays 10,000$ for an original M16 box with no M16.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Winning bid of $1,530.99.

You'd have to cut open a lot of kool-aid packets to justify that!

Sly
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Sold! And for only $1530.99!  A bargain, no matter how you slice it...

ETA: Late again as usual....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy Crap!!  I guess I'll have to put mine up on ebay.  Colt m7 bayonet or $1500 worth of ammo?  

I purchased a similar colt M7 about 12 years ago for $70-$80 dollars.  At the time, I thought that was a ridiculous amount to pay for something I'd never use, especially considering you could pick up a GI contract M7 for around 30 bucks (and knock-offs for less).  I would've never thought...that's appreciation on par with an RR & RDIAS.  Damn... people are stupid.

Gotta love the internet...and people with WAY too much money.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Holy Crap!!  I guess I'll have to put mine up on ebay.  Colt m7 bayonet or $1500 worth of ammo?  

I purchased a similar colt M7 about 12 years ago for $70-$80 dollars.  At the time, I thought that was a ridiculous amount to pay for something I'd never use, especially considering you could pick up a GI contract M7 for around 30 bucks (and knock-offs for less).  I would've never thought...that's appreciation on par with an RR & RDIAS.  Damn... people are stupid.

Gotta love the internet...and people with WAY too much money.

If you have one EXACTLY like the one in the auction, then yes you should sell it!. Not just any M7 bayo will bring more than $30 even today though. The type in the auction are extremely rare and it's very unlikely that you bought one exactly like it for $80 even 15 years ago.

Some people think an old Mickey Mantle baseball card is worth more than the 5 cents it cost new too. (not me though..)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#9]
$1,500+ ??!!

Must be pesos, or Japanese Yen.

Holy Sheeiit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder what  screen name "coltuser" (auction winner)has on arfcom. .

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#11]
and only 20 bucks to ship
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, I can't be sure of the date as with this gentleman, who has had it since the 60s, but it sure does look the same....green handles, same markings, etc.  I purchased it from an old guy that had a knick-nacky gun store with a bunch of old Nazi rifles/pistols, etc.  He was in poor health, and closing his store.  To be honest, I never gave it much thought...I'm not a connoisseur of fine bayonets; bought it, and threw it my closet, with the mountain of shootin gear I have.

I'm currently away from home, but when I get back in three months, I'm gonna dig that thing up and give it a look....if it is the same I will be a super nice guy and let some lucky ARFCOMMER have it for a steal at $1300.00

BTW: If you're interested in it for that price, I also have a Bushmaster M4 that was issued to Double-Secret Navy Seal/Force Recon/Delta Force Operator Super Commandos in 1993 because of repeated failures with their Colt m4s.  I could probably let it go for $3000.00. Edit:  I have many other Double-Secret tactical products in my inventory that could be let go for a reasonable price (don't tell anybody else, though, I might lose my Double-Secret security clearance if the Govt. finds out)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
eGay.............................I love it.

I started calling it eTurd, but Egay fits also.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm currently away from home, but when I get back in three months, I'm gonna dig that thing up and give it a look....if it is the same I will be a super nice guy and let some lucky ARFCOMMER have it for a steal at $1300.00

Well, I for one hope that the one you have is the same as this one, or at least compareably "valuable".  Nothing beats a nice unexpected cash windfall!  

FWIW, I'm no bayo collector so count me out as a buyer. IIRC, any green handled M7 is rare, but some are rarer than others. There are some guys on the board that can tell you exactly what you have once you get home.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I make a shat load of money on eGay sometimes!  I bought a leather biker vest at the local thrift store for $3.  Sold it for $36 on eGay!  I advertised it as a Hudson Leather biker vest.  Go to hudsonleather.com and see the same exact model vest brand new from the factory for $25!

My Uncle sells antiques-  He bought a victorian era plant stand for $100 at an estate sale and sold it for $6,000 on eGay

People ARE stupid.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:20:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm making money hand over fist as we speak. Those ebay sales are paying for my next AR project.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#17]
My GF goes to the local Goodwill and spends about $20 on women's clothing and nic-nacs (sp?) only to turn it into about $150 on Ebay.  People bid just to bid.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#18]
GO ahead and let them pay a gazillion dollars for a bayonet that says Colt on the side; my non-colt, military issue M7 bayonet can do the same and I got it for free.

If some of you feel so compelled to buy a new M7 bayonet from eGay; here you go.

US M7 Bayonet Vietnam era in sealed dated original box
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This one is a first generation Colt bayo, it does not have Armalite markings.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6614637890&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

And people say mg buyers are nuts!  

Super rare bayonet.......much harder to find than the Colt/Armalite marked M-7's. The one line Colt markings (with no part #) indicate a pre-production prototype (Black Rifle pg382).

I paid 150.00 for my Armalite marked M-7.......and had a hard time parting with that much!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top