Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/23/2006 7:16:31 PM EDT
i just order a 16 in m4 upper from lmt with a low profile gas block. I was looking to get the troy 10 inch rails and was wondering if there is anything special to the install....any removal of a delta ring, etc.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:21:29 PM EDT
Once you swap out the gasblock, all you have to do is hack off the delta ring assembly with like a dremel tool. Just be careful and take your time so you don't go too far. It's pretty straight forward. I installed my Samson MRFS-R on my carbine and it didn't take long at all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:31:25 PM EDT
seems sotr of complicated for a first timer....are any as easy as the arms sir ? ithe civ model i have just popped right on
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:48:20 PM EDT
I installed one for the first time a few weeks ago and it is not hard at all. Just cut the delta ring, pry it off with a screw driver and bolt the rails on in its place. They come with detailed instructions so you really can't mess it up
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:50:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gm2376:
seems sotr of complicated for a first timer.

No more complicated than a SIR-M and they are lighter and less expensive (and the rails actually follow the spec).

If you can't use a dremel cut of wheel to remove the handguard ring then perhaps wrenching on your AR isn't for you. It's a 15min job.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:56:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

Originally Posted By gm2376:
seems sotr of complicated for a first timer.

If you can't use a dremel cut of wheel to remove the handguard ring then perhaps wrenching on your AR isn't for you. It's a 15min job.

well when u dont have a dremel, it can be a little tough
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:04:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 8:04:16 PM EDT by Carry-A-Big-Stick]
I used a cut off wheel not a dremel. It was harder than if I used a dremel but I didn't have one handy. good luck
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:11:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:24:29 PM EDT
I installed a Troy MRF-C on my CAR4 Tac. Upper and the surgery only took about 20 mins. (had to take my time to ensure that I didn't go too far); after that, the install is pretty easy, just put the upper in, install the lower rail locking pin in, tighten the 4 Allen screws, then slide the lower rail and that's it.

Pretty straight forward, eh?

Here's my little carbine with the rail already installed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:28:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Black-Tiger:
I installed a Troy MRF-C on my CAR4 Tac. Upper and the surgery only took about 20 mins. (had to take my time to ensure that I didn't go too far); after that, the install is pretty easy, just put the upper in, install the lower rail locking pin in, tighten the 4 Allen screws, then slide the lower rail and that's it.

i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Others/DSC00816.jpg

That is the ugliest franken-AR I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:07:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JoseyWales:

I like it.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:22:19 PM EDT
Since some of you guys have the Troy rails, do any of you know if a Gemtech HALO will fit inside the inner diameter of one of these rails?

A goofy question, I know, but I'm thinking of an SD type short upper and I really like the troy rails.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:13:23 AM EDT
Shooting USA/Sighting In did a "How-to"segment on installing the Troy rail a while back, andmay have a link to the show available via their web site.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:48:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JoseyWales:

To each, its own; I like it and that's enough.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:51:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 9:10:59 PM EDT by Black-Tiger]

Originally Posted By Stickman:
If you pulled the bipod off, I would lust after it...

If you left the bipod on, I would still like it, I would just pull it off when you weren't looking.

Hmmm. You have a point; perhaps I can leave the bipod off when not needed.

Like this.

Always a noble and a gentleman, Stick.

Top Top