Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2006 7:16:31 PM EDT
i just order a 16 in m4 upper from lmt with a low profile gas block. I was looking to get the troy 10 inch rails and was wondering if there is anything special to the install....any removal of a delta ring, etc.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Once you swap out the gasblock, all you have to do is hack off the delta ring assembly with like a dremel tool. Just be careful and take your time so you don't go too far. It's pretty straight forward. I installed my Samson MRFS-R on my carbine and it didn't take long at all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
seems sotr of complicated for a first timer....are any as easy as the arms sir ? ithe civ model i have just popped right on
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I installed one for the first time a few weeks ago and it is not hard at all. Just cut the delta ring, pry it off with a screw driver and bolt the rails on in its place. They come with detailed instructions so you really can't mess it up
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
seems sotr of complicated for a first timer.

No more complicated than a SIR-M and they are lighter and less expensive (and the rails actually follow the spec).

If you can't use a dremel cut of wheel to remove the handguard ring then perhaps wrenching on your AR isn't for you.  It's a 15min job.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
seems sotr of complicated for a first timer.

If you can't use a dremel cut of wheel to remove the handguard ring then perhaps wrenching on your AR isn't for you.  It's a 15min job.

well when u dont have a dremel, it can be a little tough
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I used a cut off wheel not a dremel. It was harder than if I used a dremel but I didn't have one handy. good luck
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:11:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I installed a Troy MRF-C on my CAR4 Tac. Upper and the surgery only took about 20 mins. (had to take my time to ensure that I didn't go too far); after that, the install is pretty easy, just put the upper in, install the lower rail locking pin in, tighten the 4 Allen screws, then slide the lower rail and that's it.

Pretty straight forward, eh?

Here's my little carbine with the rail already installed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I installed a Troy MRF-C on my CAR4 Tac. Upper and the surgery only took about 20 mins. (had to take my time to ensure that I didn't go too far); after that, the install is pretty easy, just put the upper in, install the lower rail locking pin in, tighten the 4 Allen screws, then slide the lower rail and that's it.

i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Others/DSC00816.jpg

That is the ugliest franken-AR I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like it.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Since some of you guys have the Troy rails, do any of you know if a Gemtech HALO will fit inside the inner diameter of one of these rails?

A goofy question, I know, but I'm thinking of an SD type short upper and I really like the troy rails.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Shooting USA/Sighting In did a "How-to"segment on installing the Troy rail a while back, andmay have a link to the show available via their web site.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To each, its own; I like it and that's enough.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If you pulled the bipod off, I would lust after it...

If you left the bipod on, I would still like it, I would just pull it off when you weren't looking.

Hmmm. You have a point; perhaps I can leave the bipod off when not needed.

Like this.

Always a noble and a gentleman, Stick.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top