Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:01:56 PM EDT
I have heard that A1/A2 stocks can be dyed darker colors. How is this done, what product? I have a set of grips I'd like to try to dye.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:04:50 PM EDT
I paint my plastic parts. As long as you prep everything and degrease everything properly it should hold well. I also bake mine in the oven after paint, but I use a low heat to do it so it wont warp the plastic.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:10:52 PM EDT
rit dye just a guess never done it
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:23:37 PM EDT
I know the HK guys dye their grey USC's black with great success. You should try over on HKpro.com and see what they are using.

-X
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:33:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:25:53 PM EDT
Wet sanded some A1 buttstocks to clean up scratches and dings. The choppergun fiberglass was then visible; I used black shoe polish to color the fiberglass. Does a great job; not actually changing color, but it masks the lighter material. The finished stock has a dull sheen, and the shoe polish acts more like a stain. It doesn't rub off.

I've tried the Krylon for plastic, and found it not especially durable, tho' it looks nice when first applied. I sanded and degreased all surfaces, so that isn't the issue.

Black X, if you can give a little more direction it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Moon
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:38:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Black-X:
I know the HK guys dye their grey USC's black with great success. You should try over on HKpro.com and see what they are using.

-X

Rit Dye Liquid...

3 parts BLACK
1 part DARK GREEN
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:10:25 AM EDT
Can this be done on handguards also?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:47:49 AM EDT
Not a home solution, but www.trippresearch.com/coat/coat.htm

Also, isn't there a spray on finish (spray paint basically) designed to adhere specifically to polymers?
Top Top