Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:15:05 PM EDT
Once when I did an online search for the FSN of this mount, I found some US Army afteraction reports where its use was being authorized because too many CAR's had been lost from helocopters during operations.  Or something like that.  But the mount box IS labeled for the M14 rifle.

I would love to see a picture or two of it actually on a craft or vehicle with an M16 type weapon.  I am confused about the clamp for the forend, no instructions, and NOT intuitive.

Here's my patio, and the wheel of my WOOD burning smoker.  Seeking gunship, cheap...
FSN 2590-045-9611
Kit, Mounting- M14 Rifle
1-Each
Level-C    ???? 1967
DAAE 07-67-c-17??

Paladin
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are sold in pairs.  Send me the other one and I will send you a pic of it properly mounted with either a CAR or Ar-15 secured in it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I could deduce this is a vehicle stowage mount designed initially for the M14 rifle, but compatible with the M16 and M16A1 rifles.  It was designed primarily for stowage in various trucks, with the manual for locations for placement of the mount being TB 9-2300-209-20.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I love your rifle.....

I'm  gonna have to built one dernit....

ETA there was 2 mounted behind the seats of my friend's m715 "buck and a quarter" military truck.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top