Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:24:25 PM EDT
At the range this weekend, my Aimpoint Comp M was fading in and out after every shot. Figured it was the battery going bad. So I just replaced the battery, and the sight won't even come on now.

Has anyone experienced problems like this? Can I send the Aimpoint back to a service center to have it checked on? The sight is at least 4 years old.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:06:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 2:07:39 PM EDT by M4-TUNA]
Did you try to reverse the battery. If that does not fix it, E-mail them about it. They should take care of U. Try to ask in the optics forum too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:15:19 PM EDT
I have a Comp M that has been exposed to several hundred rounds with out a single problem. I have nothing but positive things to say about mine. I would try AIMPOINT and see if they can help.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:44:26 PM EDT
Never happens with mine. Must be a bad battery or bad electrical circuit. Send it back for repair if flipping the battery doesn't fix it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:13:12 PM EDT
Hmm. I wonder if your post will simply be invisible to all the guys here who drink Aimpoint Kool-Aid, or if they'll be able to see it and just declare you a troll or liar.

I agree that a call to the company would be the best way to resolve the trouble.

Happy shooting.
Top Top