Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2006 6:36:47 PM EDT
Will the Aimpoint also magnify the EOtech reticle causing it to cover up whatever you're aiming at, or will it only in appearance magnify the target.

I have a friend who is complaining that out past 50 yards, his eotech dot is almost completely obscuring the target (he does not have the magnifier). Is this just because he is likely not keeping both eyes open, or is that a common complaint?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:01:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 7:03:34 PM EDT by petagunner]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:38:48 PM EDT
Could it just be his lame excuse for inaccurate shooting?

Not sure what kinds of targets are "almost completely obscured" by a 1 moa dot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:47:35 PM EDT
It will magnify the dot, but in proportion to the target. The only real downside to putting the Aimpoint 3x magnifier on there would be the price. They want like $430 bucks for it.....and another $100+ for a mount. Screw that.

Tell your friend to buy a monocle and practice some more......it's much cheaper http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/dress-up/acc/monocle-value.jpg

DW

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:59:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Could it just be his lame excuse for inaccurate shooting?

Not sure what kinds of targets are "almost completely obscured" by a 1 moa dot.

+1

Now, the Aimpoint has a 4moa dot. Is that what he's using?

The 65moa circle on my Eotech has never obscured my targets when shooting...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:29:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DreamWeaver88:
It will magnify the dot, but in proportion to the target. The only real downside to putting the Aimpoint 3x magnifier on there would be the price. They want like $430 bucks for it.....and another $100+ for a mount. Screw that.

Tell your friend to buy a monocle and practice some more......it's much cheaper

www.sillyjokes.co.uk/images/dress-up/acc/monocle-value.jpg

DW

hahahaha
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:56:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 3:01:08 PM EDT by FeedMyBeltFed]

The farther you mount the EOTECH from your eye and the 3x magnfier the larger the reticle. It's doesn't get too large though. Most targets at 0-100 yards are easy with or without the magnifier. If seems to make the reticle smaller with the magnifier--well everything in view gets bigger but the reticle stays the same...

I love this setup...

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:04:03 PM EDT
Unless he is shooting quarters at 100 yards the dot is not obscuring his target. He does know you keep both eyes open to shoot an EOTech right?

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:07:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FeedMyBeltFed:
The farther you mount the EOTECH from your eye and the 3x magnfier the larger the reticle. It's doesn't get too large though. Most targets at 0-100 yards are easy with or without the magnifier. If seems to make the reticle smaller with the magnifier--well everything in view gets bigger but the reticle stays the same...

I love this setup...

brunstucky.com/content/photos/random_gun_pics/images/36/500x334.aspx

brunstucky.com/content/photos/random_gun_pics/images/35/500x250.aspx

brunstucky.com/content/photos/random_gun_pics/images/34/500x334.aspx

How is your BUIS gonna work way up there
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 3:24:54 PM EDT by FeedMyBeltFed]

Eh I know I know.. It does co-witness with the EOTECH OK.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:11:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JL7:

Originally Posted By FeedMyBeltFed:

I love this setup...

brunstucky.com/content/photos/random_gun_pics/images/36/500x334.aspx

brunstucky.com/content/photos/random_gun_pics/images/35/500x250.aspx

brunstucky.com/content/photos/random_gun_pics/images/34/500x334.aspx

the same way it works when mounted in a more traditional manner.

D&L Sports is currently marketing a rock solid BUIS mounted in much the same fashion
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:01:22 PM EDT
The center dot in an EOTech is a laser point source. It is called a 1 MOA dot because that is the limit of resolution of the human eye. The dot is actually much, much smaller than 1 MOA. Even with a 3x or 4x magnifier used in tandem with the EOTech, the dot stays 1 MOA or less. It will appear smaller and sharper if you turn down the brightness. If you are blessed with 20/20 vision, the dot will only cover a nickel at 100 yards, even when used with a magnifier.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:06:16 PM EDT
Have him lower the brightness setting for a more precise dot.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:12:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HighlandMac:
Unless he is shooting quarters at 100 yards the dot is not obscuring his target. He does know you keep both eyes open to shoot an EOTech right?

Thats the only way you can shoot with an EOTech accurately? Sheesh that kinda completely gets rid of any ideas of getting an EO over an Aimpoint now. I couldn't get used to shooting with both eyes open.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:15:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

Originally Posted By HighlandMac:

Thats the only way you can shoot with an EOTech accurately? Sheesh that kinda completely gets rid of any ideas of getting an EO over an Aimpoint now. I couldn't get used to shooting with both eyes open.

You don't have to keep both eyes open when you shoot with an EOTech. You can close one eye if you want. It is not going to affect accuracy. It is generally considered preferable to keep both eyes open in CQB environments. The EOTech make it easy to shoot with both eyes open, but it is not necessary. The same is true for an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:36:42 AM EDT
Top Top