Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 6:53:26 PM EDT
 About 6 months ago I went to my first IDPA match. A good friend of mine introduced me to the sport. He then tells me about carbine matches and shows me his AR15. His rifle was decked out. He had a dedicated surefire forend light and a EO Tech sight. I had to have one.

I have been a LEO for 12 years, but never worked for an agency that issued rifles. I grew up hunting, but this was no deer rifle. I purchased a Bushmaster M4A3 from Sportsman Warehouse. Right away I start looking at Holosights, lights, rails and grips. I own a jeep so I was no stranger to buying parts for my toys. I purchased a Bushnell Holosight and started to make my list.

I have attended two carbine matches and have placed in the bottom quarter of each stage. I found something out about myself. I was so caught up in the  thought of owning a M4 and what I could put on it, i didn't take the time to learn the rifle. I do truley enjoy shooting the rifle. I do not regret my purchase. I need to take off the holosight and get back to basics. Marksmanship and tactics. I should know the rifle like I know my pistol. After all it's the shooter not the weapon. Thanks for listening.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree with everything you said except the part about removing the holosight.  Sounds like you need to do some "basics" with the holosight and forget about adding or subtractiong things to your carbine.

TS
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Irons first, bling later.  I'm with ya man.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top