Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:13:45 PM EDT
I just shot my first AR and now i think that black rifle disease that you all talk about has got me. He has one of the cheap olys but it shoots good. I fired off about 100 rounds and the first thing i did when i got home was start shopping for my own. ha. Im kinda thinking about building one probably RRA. who knows i need money first.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:17:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 5:17:46 PM EDT by spectre7]
First off.Welcome to ARFCOM.
Keep us posted on when and if you build yourself an AR.
Most importantly,have fun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:17:55 PM EDT
You poor bastard.

You would've been better off smoking some crack. It'd be an easier habit to kick.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:18:16 PM EDT
Welcome to the disease
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:20:15 PM EDT
Welcome.

What accessories are you planing to add?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:14:09 PM EDT
Cut up your credit cards NOW.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:32:36 PM EDT
Welcome to the club brother. BRD is one illness I hope I never recover from. Once you have one AR, you will come up with another reason to get another, and another, and another...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:35:11 PM EDT
Or, if you're on a budget, you can usually get away with 5 to 8 lowers for your 22 different uppers. And expect to blow a lot of money on ammo. BRD causes a feeling of need in terms of whoring as much ammo as possible.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:43:57 PM EDT
Thanks for the replys. i have the RRA catalog and im looking at the complete lower with car tactical stock and 20" A4 upper. So as soon as i get some money would that be a good combo. Im not afraid of a little assembly. If i can get one more stripped and buy individual parts and assemble myself i might do that. Thanks for the tips guys. Damn i need more money.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:49:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vegas1037:
You poor bastard.

You would've been better off smoking some crack. It'd be an easier habit to kick.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:54:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Planenutok:
Thanks for the replys. i have the RRA catalog and im looking at the complete lower with car tactical stock and 20" A4 upper. So as soon as i get some money would that be a good combo. Im not afraid of a little assembly. If i can get one more stripped and buy individual parts and assemble myself i might do that. Thanks for the tips guys. Damn i need more money.

If you're on a bugdet but want some quality too go Bushmaster or RRA. Usually you can get a Bushmaster kit for 550-600 and a stripped lower for 180-225 which if pre-assembled would cost near 1k or over. So I would advise looking into kits. Also that way you can buy a lower with a custom logo or such on it. Also is the option of a modular lower reciever. I've only heard good things about those and they look way cool to boot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:16:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ironsight-boy:

Originally Posted By Planenutok:

If you're on a bugdet but want some quality too go Bushmaster or RRA. Usually you can get a Bushmaster kit for 550-600 and a stripped lower for 180-225 which if pre-assembled would cost near 1k or over. So I would advise looking into kits. Also that way you can buy a lower with a custom logo or such on it. Also is the option of a modular lower reciever. I've only heard good things about those and they look way cool to boot.

Complete ARs from Bushmaster and RRA go for $700 - $800.
Top Top