Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:13:45 PM EDT
I just shot my first AR and now i think that black rifle disease that you all talk about has got me. He has one of the cheap olys but it shoots good. I fired off about 100 rounds and the first thing i did when i got home was start shopping for my own. ha. Im kinda thinking about building one probably RRA. who knows i need money first.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
First off.Welcome to ARFCOM.
Keep us posted on when and if you build yourself an AR.
Most importantly,have fun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You poor bastard.

You would've been better off smoking some crack.  It'd be an easier habit to kick.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the disease
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome.

What accessories are you planing to add?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Cut up your credit cards NOW.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the club brother. BRD is one illness I hope I never recover from. Once you have one AR, you will come up with another reason to get another, and another, and another...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Or, if you're on a budget, you can usually get away with 5 to 8 lowers for your 22 different uppers.  And expect to blow a lot of money on ammo.  BRD causes a feeling of need in terms of whoring as much ammo as possible.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replys. i have the RRA catalog and im looking at the complete lower with car tactical stock and 20" A4 upper. So as soon as i get some money would that be a good combo. Im not afraid of a little assembly. If i can get one more stripped and buy individual parts and assemble myself i might do that. Thanks for the tips guys. Damn i need more money.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You poor bastard.

You would've been better off smoking some crack.  It'd be an easier habit to kick.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replys. i have the RRA catalog and im looking at the complete lower with car tactical stock and 20" A4 upper. So as soon as i get some money would that be a good combo. Im not afraid of a little assembly. If i can get one more stripped and buy individual parts and assemble myself i might do that. Thanks for the tips guys. Damn i need more money.

If you're on a bugdet but want some quality too go Bushmaster or RRA.  Usually you can get a Bushmaster kit for 550-600 and a stripped lower for 180-225 which if pre-assembled would cost near 1k or over.  So I would advise looking into kits.  Also that way you can buy a lower with a custom logo or such on it.  Also is the option of a modular lower reciever.  I've only heard good things about those and they look way cool to boot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're on a bugdet but want some quality too go Bushmaster or RRA.  Usually you can get a Bushmaster kit for 550-600 and a stripped lower for 180-225 which if pre-assembled would cost near 1k or over.  So I would advise looking into kits.  Also that way you can buy a lower with a custom logo or such on it.  Also is the option of a modular lower reciever.  I've only heard good things about those and they look way cool to boot.

Complete ARs from Bushmaster and RRA go for $700 - $800.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top