Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2006 6:05:47 AM EDT
Is anyone out there manufacturing an SPR Muzzle Brake right now ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Only Ops Inc. but they are still pretty scarce.
ETA: and expensive
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Pricy is right.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Almost $200 for a damn muzzle break is F-ing ridicules! If I can find one on the EE I will gladly get a fake break like ADCO used to offer or maybe a Mongo special if he is still willing. I would think that the $40-50 for a vortex is about the upper end of what is reasonable. Ops Inc. can bite me! When I get a can, it sure as hell won’t be from them! They don’t deserve my money.

Jhaines, I’m sure this isn’t exactly what you were looking for, but my humble advice would be to be to spend your hard earned dollars with somebody who gives a damn about the shooting community.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#4]
are you done running your suck yet? Go else where...there's a reason the ops in stuff is scarce.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
are you done running your suck yet? Go else where...there's a reason the ops in stuff is scarce.

This statement is so true! Do a ggogle search for SPR rifles and you will see why. These are on every single SPR the miltary is using.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quality costs and btw its worth it, if your building a clone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I am glad you guys handled my light work because I was fixing to wade in with both fucking feet.

Phil Seeberger has forgotten more about this shit than most will ever know and he has also done much for many that most do not even know about.

Expect a heat seeker from me if you slander the young man again.

The people who do this stuff for real know the deal.

Best regards gents,

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Military needs come first, and quality parts are not low rent items.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, Phil doesn't need comments like that, nor do we.  Great guy and as busy as he is, he's always willing to take time to talk to you.

And BTW, when you complain about an OPS inc. muzzle brake being $200, remember that this includes a barrel collar and thread protector in addition to the brake itself.  The collar is not just a stepped ring, it has a rather complex contour inside and out and is not cheap or easy to machine.

Include just the brake and it would be priced right where other brakes are.

And while some people complain about its performance as a brake at this price, remember that it's NOT primarily designed as a brake. It's primarily designed to interface with a suppressor, not to eliminate muzzle rise or mitigate recoil.  The brake itself becomes the first baffle in report suppression when the suppressor is installed.  Its recoil management qualities are designed around that.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I hear Phil has practically given suppressors away to certain military units that otherwise couldn't afford them or didn't have the money in their operating budgets. Now that is supporting the REAL SHOOTING COMMUNITY if you ask me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#12]
ADCO stopped making the fake brake?! Why?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ADCO stopped making the fake brake?! Why?

Probably because he is an Ops inc dealer now????? Steve? Why?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top