Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:05:54 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Del-Ton's 11.5 inch upper?  How well does it run?  Anyone have experience with CMMG's(2nd product from the top) 10.3 inch M2SG uppers?  How do they run?  I want opinions on which to buy!  Thanks in advance!  ARKAR

Edited to add links.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I LOVE my CMMG upper.  It's a 14.5".  They make fantastic stuff and their workmanship is top notch.  No idea about the other.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
CMMG any day of the week.

Awesome gear, awesome staff...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 CMMG shorty uppers and they are great. Del ton makes nice stuff too. Both companies have great customer service. If I had to choose I would go with CMMG.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]

If I had to pick one, I'd take CMMG every time.

I've heard good things about Del-Ton and have nothing against them, but CMMG are awesome, and the people there are great folks!  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys, thanks for the help!  But I'm really wanting recommendations on which "design" to get.  I've bought from Del-Ton and a friend of mine has had GREAT service from CMMG.  I was wanting info on the two different designs of the uppers.  The CMMG upper is a 10.3 with a reduced impulse gas system and the Del-Ton is a conventional 11.5 upper.  Let me know what you guys think!!  I really value any and all opinions.  I'm leaning toward the CMMG, but I haven't heard much feedback on these.  THANKS AGAIN!! ARKAR
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a CMMG 10.3" upper for a pistol..

It's AWESOME. They are top notch! And they stand behind their product
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a CMMG 10.3" upper for a pistol..

It's AWESOME. They are top notch! And they stand behind their product

That's what I was gonna use one for!  I thought it would work great for a pistol upper.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 on CMMG
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:51:31 AM EDT
[#9]
When you look at a 11.5 upper online, it always says "all NFA rules apply".  How do you buy it then?  Do you need to register a SBR and then buy it?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:18:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When you look at a 11.5 upper online, it always says "all NFA rules apply".  How do you buy it then?  Do you need to register a SBR and then buy it?

Just because they warn you about the NFA laws this does not preclude the purchase of an SBR upper or barrel.

It is after all up to the purchaser who is the responsible party where following the law is concerned, not the seller.

Mike

ps - another +1 for CMMG's products, I own several and they are quality barrels and uppers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:23:40 AM EDT
[#11]
CMMG all day

Never used their short barreled products, but others sure do rave about them - and their customer service is 1st rate
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Go the Arfcom way, buy 1 of each.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Go the Arfcom way, buy 1 of each.

That'll probably be the end result, but for now it'll be the CMMG upper.  Thanks guys!-ARKAR
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top