Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 5:37:10 PM EDT
I talked to my brother this weekend. His Father-in-Law is a groundskeeper for a large cemetery.
He told my brother that he bought an M16/AR (the guy isnt very gun savvy), that he plans to remove the internal workings from, weld shut, and use in a monument he's building for fallen soldiers from the War on Terror. He told my brother he paid $200 for it, and the yguy he bought it from has "racks" of these for sale. Naturally, I got a little excited. My brother hadn't handled the gun, and the Father in Law hasnt even picked it up yet.

I called tonight to try to get teh latest info, and my brother tells me that they are M-16 "training rifles", and he doesnt know if they fire live rounds, .22lr, or blanks only. This leads me to my question-
Were there any training rifles designated for the M16 series? And if so, what are some specifics and information about them?

A yahoo search turned up nothing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:45:32 PM EDT
all we ever had for a " training rifle" was the old rubber ducks, Plastic m-16 replicas
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:04:28 PM EDT
in basic we had rubber m16s with the triangle handguards, i think the barrels were steel i cant remember.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:09:16 PM EDT
It might be an insanely reduced price systema training rifle or other Classic Army/Tokyo Marui airsoft variant which he is pawning off as a 'training rifle' because some army units use airsoft to train.
something like this
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:18:27 AM EDT
Top Top