Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 7:22:47 PM EDT
Thinking of ditching my carry handle.  Let me see what you guys are doing :)

Thanks.

This is my current setup.

dubisteinspundloch.com/Guns/AR15-M4gery/DSCF4893.JPG
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

DK that just looks kick ass brother. Nice and clean FOV. How is the stock side saddle holding up, do you like it?

Thanks - I love it.

I really like the stock saddle thingy as well.  Definitely worth the money, no rattle whatsoever, and it provides a much better cheek weld/rest than the regular collapsible stock.

Plus, it was actually useful at the range, because the batteries in my EOTech crapped out, and so I just pulled out replacement batteries out of the compartment.  (Of course, I could have brought batteries in my range bag, but this was so much cooler )
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:55:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a picture of my Dissy. An LMT rear with an Aimpoint Comp M in an ARMS 22M68 with the cantilever spacer.

Here's an old picture (I don't have any current ones,) of my M4. Troy rear sight, Aimpoint Comp M in a LaRue Cantilever moount.

Both cowitness.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I told you mounting an optic on your CH was a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:19:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45149

Nice Stick! Renewing my SBR craving......
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#8]

For some folks, I agree, it’s a bad idea. But we have a lot of parrots here on the board that simply repeat what they hear others say, and have never actually spent some range time behind such a set up. (I’m not pointing fingers.)

I for one have a CH mounted optic on my CAR and happen to like it.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#9]
i sorta know the guy and what he was after when building up his AR and knew it wouldn't work out well for him.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:14:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i sorta know the guy and what he was after when building up his AR and knew it wouldn't work out well for him.  

Quoted:

It's not too bad.  The MAIN reason I want to get rid of it is that it's hard to use iron sights.  It's like staring down a long narrow tunnel with that mount.  The view range is very limited, and I love using IS.

I don't really mind the height too much, but of course it's not as comfortable as lower mounted optics would be.

I'm just gonna experiment with both :)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I wanted to keep my carry handleand have an aimpoint that co-witnessed.

The ARMS 39A2+ was the answer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Aimpoint M2 on KAC QR straight high mount and KAC 300 m BUIS with lower 1/3 co-witness on my middy.

EOTech 551 without any mount and LMT BUIS with center co-witness on my LMT M4gery.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#13]
LMT BUIS, Accucam w/ Aimpoint.  Almost perfect co-witness.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top