Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:11:54 PM EDT
Is Wolff the only company that makes an xp recoil spring for an A2 type stock. I need to replace mine and would like something with a little more force behind it.
Yes I have an occasional feeding problem but if I put my car stock on the same gun it's flawless.
tia
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells has Superior Shooting Systems (David Tubb) extra power Chrome Silicon springs. I would guess they are better than the Wolff.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Brownells has Superior Shooting Systems (David Tubb) extra power Chrome Silicon springs. I would guess they are better than the Wolff.

I stumbled onto that after I posted. He offers a flat wound as well as a round spring. I'm checking into it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is Wolff the only company that makes an xp recoil spring for an A2 type stock. I need to replace mine and would like something with a little more force behind it.
Yes I have an occasional feeding problem but if I put my car stock on the same gun it's flawless.
tia

A carbine buffer weighs less than a rifle buffer. Adding a stronger buffer spring to the rifle buffer will mimic even more weight.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.davidtubb.com/tcom_images/ar15_images/cs_buffer.html

That's what I was looking for and seemed to miss

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tia

A carbine buffer weighs less than a rifle buffer. Adding a stronger buffer spring to the rifle buffer will mimic even more weight.

That's what I want. I have an occasional failure to strip a round off the mag and want more spring power. Like i said my CAR stock works flawless on the same gun.
Thanks everyone for the quick input
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the flat-wound CS spring and it's been great so far.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the CS and coventional piano spring extra power springs were two different animals.  CS may add a bit more resistance, but it's main claim is that they don't lose compression dampening or length over time.  Extra power springs I thought just added a bunch more resistance, more than an ISMI/Tubbs CS spring..
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Anything is better than Wolf, I've had a failure with them in my Glock(recoil spring), others on GT have had trigger spring problems.  Chrome silicon is superior to piano wire springs any day.

Superior Shooting springs are re-branded ISMI.  ISMI are chrome silicon and far superior to anything on the market.  I have one in my carbine(midlength)  with an H2 buffer and it really smooths and lightens recoil with very little muzzle jump.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Does ISMI sell M16 recoil springs?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm currently running two Wolfe XP rifle length and could't be happier. I did clip off a couple coils to avoid short stroking because as sold they're a bit to strong. They strip off the top rnd of a fully loaded 30 rnder no problem.  They keep on fully chambering rnds long after the cam pin is cooked dry of lube.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I use ISMI in all my IPSC and IDPA pistols, best springs out there. I did not know that the Tubbs were ISMI rebranded. I going to order spring this week.
thanks for all your help
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#14]
My rifles won't shoot Wolf ammo if I use my Tubbs extra power springs (although they shoot XM192 and Q3131/Q3131A 100%).  If I switch back to a standard or reduced power spring, then I can plink with low-cost ammo.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top