Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:11:54 PM EDT
Is Wolff the only company that makes an xp recoil spring for an A2 type stock. I need to replace mine and would like something with a little more force behind it.
Yes I have an occasional feeding problem but if I put my car stock on the same gun it's flawless.
tia
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:28:16 PM EDT
Brownells has Superior Shooting Systems (David Tubb) extra power Chrome Silicon springs. I would guess they are better than the Wolff.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:31:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rsilvers:
Brownells has Superior Shooting Systems (David Tubb) extra power Chrome Silicon springs. I would guess they are better than the Wolff.

I stumbled onto that after I posted. He offers a flat wound as well as a round spring. I'm checking into it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:33:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:33:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:50:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By velvetant:
Is Wolff the only company that makes an xp recoil spring for an A2 type stock. I need to replace mine and would like something with a little more force behind it.
Yes I have an occasional feeding problem but if I put my car stock on the same gun it's flawless.
tia

A carbine buffer weighs less than a rifle buffer. Adding a stronger buffer spring to the rifle buffer will mimic even more weight.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:56:27 PM EDT

www.davidtubb.com/tcom_images/ar15_images/cs_buffer.html

That's what I was looking for and seemed to miss

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:00:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:

Originally Posted By velvetant:
tia

A carbine buffer weighs less than a rifle buffer. Adding a stronger buffer spring to the rifle buffer will mimic even more weight.

That's what I want. I have an occasional failure to strip a round off the mag and want more spring power. Like i said my CAR stock works flawless on the same gun.
Thanks everyone for the quick input
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:57:10 PM EDT
I have the flat-wound CS spring and it's been great so far.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:57:23 PM EDT
I thought the CS and coventional piano spring extra power springs were two different animals. CS may add a bit more resistance, but it's main claim is that they don't lose compression dampening or length over time. Extra power springs I thought just added a bunch more resistance, more than an ISMI/Tubbs CS spring..
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:43:25 PM EDT

Anything is better than Wolf, I've had a failure with them in my Glock(recoil spring), others on GT have had trigger spring problems. Chrome silicon is superior to piano wire springs any day.

Superior Shooting springs are re-branded ISMI. ISMI are chrome silicon and far superior to anything on the market. I have one in my carbine(midlength) with an H2 buffer and it really smooths and lightens recoil with very little muzzle jump.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:48:15 PM EDT
Does ISMI sell M16 recoil springs?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:22:18 PM EDT
I'm currently running two Wolfe XP rifle length and could't be happier. I did clip off a couple coils to avoid short stroking because as sold they're a bit to strong. They strip off the top rnd of a fully loaded 30 rnder no problem. They keep on fully chambering rnds long after the cam pin is cooked dry of lube.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:05:48 PM EDT
I use ISMI in all my IPSC and IDPA pistols, best springs out there. I did not know that the Tubbs were ISMI rebranded. I going to order spring this week.
thanks for all your help
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:53:01 PM EDT
My rifles won't shoot Wolf ammo if I use my Tubbs extra power springs (although they shoot XM192 and Q3131/Q3131A 100%). If I switch back to a standard or reduced power spring, then I can plink with low-cost ammo.
Top Top