Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:08:42 AM EDT
In my quest to find some good quality hangaurds that will not rattle I came acroos a few questions.
First of all my RRA was bought during the ban and has a fake FH pinned on it.  I was considering sending my upper to adco along with a FF handgaurd and have them install it.  Since they will have to remove the FH would it be worthwhile to get a real FH installed or not?

In emailing Steve at adco he also suggested the Surefire M73.  It's non-FF but he says it fits tight and no rattle.  I believe this would just snap and and be less expensive in the long run.  Not that I don't trust Steve, I just want to get some feedback here.  Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the M73?  Any comparison between it and the MI #20 FF?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Get a real flash suppressor. ADCO cut a chrome lined RRA barrel I had with one of the fake ones pinned on for me, and it came out great. Im very glad I decided to get it done.

The SF raild handguards, are, as Steve mentioned. Drop on easy and are solid. I dont have any experience with the MI version though.

Thanks for the info.  So what is the difference in a fake flash hider and a real one?    Do you own the Surefire M73?  If I went that route I would not get the FH replaced if there's no need to.  I 'm just picky and I don't want it to rattle at all.
If you do own it do you have any pics?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  So what is the difference in a fake flash hider and a real one?    Do you own the Surefire M73?  If I went that route I would not get the FH replaced if there's no need to.  I 'm just picky and I don't want it to rattle at all.
If you do own it do you have any pics?

The faux flash SUPPRESSOR (as a flash hider is big ol device used back in WWII, not to be confused w/ current flash suppressors like the A2, Vortex or Phantoms) is just pressed on and provides NO flash suppression at all.

Depending on your FS choice your flash suppression capabilities will range from so-so improvement to a non-existent flash, (don't know much about this issue/topic do ya?).

I owned a Surefire M73 at one time, as noted it's jam up tight when installed, (tops rails are slightly lower than the flat-top btw, but to most it ain't a big issue). Have no experience with the MI version but Paul at Bravo says their good to go so I trust his comments as they should be solid too.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
i would go with the freefloat m.i. and get the pressed on thing cut off in replacement of a real flash hider.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top