User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:15:26 PM EDT
Hey all.  I was planning on pairing BM's A3 carry handle:

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/9349063-9.asp

With the BMAS front flip sight:

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-9360k.asp

My question is, if I flip the front sight down and then up again, will it maintain a zero?  If I get this, I'd like to not have to be afraid to touch it after I've zeroed it in.

Thanks,
BB
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Theoretically, anything with less parts is more dependable than anything with more parts. Be that as it may, I doubt you will have a problem with the YHM flip up.

How is the quality of the YHM  gasblock/flip up sight assembly?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Samson just recently came out with one that looks pretty good, but I have yet to see one on a gun, much less shoot one...

Picks of my SAMSON flip up front sight.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=271368
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a YHM and it holds zero and has been dropped and misused for years on 3 different ARs.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I tend to preffer almost anyone elses (Knights, PRI, Samson or GG&G's), but the differences in them are sometimes small. The Knights is impossible to get ahold of, the PRI is an excellent second choice, much beefier and in my view, more sturdy than the YHM. If you get the PRI, get the cross bolt style, its the easiest to deal with. the other set screw style is really best for barrels that are cut specifically to be used with the PRI set screw model. Samson just recently came out with one that looks pretty good, but I have yet to see one on a gun, much less shoot one, so its hard to really give an informed opinion with such little info! the GG&G looks very stout and is pinned in just like your regular front sight. Pinning it in is absolutely the best option, but this requires the upper be sent to GG&G and the wait can be a deterrent for many people.

The YHY has the most parts and screws, is the thinnest and weakest (by the looks of it in any case), but in all seriousness, most shooters will never, ever abuse their rifles enough to realize the strength differences between all of them.

Ok I'm kind of dense. PRI ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Precision Reflex.

Either the gas block model...

or the rail mount.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Precision Reflex.

Either the gas block model...
www.mountsplus.com/miva/graphics/00000001/PRI-FUP-001.gif

or the rail mount.
www.mountsplus.com/miva/graphics/00000001/PRISight-s.jpg

Thats nice! Who on here has those at a good price? I'd like to cut the barrel on my Colt Elite back to 20" and add one of those.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
here are some pics of the YHM on my .50 Beowulf.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a YHM flip-up front sight (as well as a flip-up rear) on my M4gery and couldn't be happier, so far.  It seems to be very stout and I would had no qualms about putting it on my duty rifle.  Granted, I am using an EOtech as my primary optic but the YHM has held zeo after being flipped (front and rear) everytime.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I  just bought the Samson front flip sight and I must say it is very nice! Much better than the others mentioned (IMHO) and better than some not but I don't want to start anything.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top