Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:25:48 PM EDT
Went to my local range and was informed that I was not allowed to shoot anything but frangible .223 until their backstops are upgraded.  So, I paid $25 for a box of 20 (that's a big ouch when I had 100 rounds of FMJ with me).  

Anyway, after the pain in my wallet subsided, I settled in to shoot a few 5 round groups.  At 25 yards, the gun shot just a little low and to the left.  I made windage adjustments, but had a hard time getting the front sight post to turn using the tip of one of the FMJ's, so I figured I'd save that for when I can actually put some real lead down-range and have a more appropriate tool to make sight adjustments.

The gun ate the frangible ammo fine, and it was really great to shoot a black rifle again, after almost 15 years.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
$25.00 for 20 rounds of 5.56, thats HORRIBLE. Sorry dude, I know, new gun had to be done. At least you got to shoot it
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wheres the pics?

LOL...I was with my 6 year old son (who got to fire the last 2 rounds and did a darn fine job for a first time shooting an AR.  He was begging me to go pay another $25 for more ammo after pulling the trigger those 2 times ).  But needless to say, asking him to take pictures while I shot wasn't going to work!  Next trip out though......
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
$25.00 for 20 rounds of 5.56, thats HORRIBLE. Sorry dude, I know, new gun had to be done. At least you got to shoot it

That was exactly my thought, "It's a new gun, I'm at a range....I HAVE to do this".  It was worth it...once.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]
just finished my RR CAR-4 a couple of days ago and am going to the range tomorrow. I'm looking forward to something that dos'nt weigh 13#'s like my RR 24" varmit
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top