Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 7:46:13 AM EDT
i swiped this pic from Laruetactical.com so if i am in the wrong let me know and i will remove it.

i called denny at denny's guns and he said this would possibly be out later. i emaild larue in hopes they would have one laying around i could buy. no dice-

so, i turn to you, the all knowing members of ar15.com where can i get a billet upper?

thx
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at www.brownells.com/ for the billet upper. There was a company called SOCOM Manf. that made billet uppers/lowers that I believe is out of business now, but Brownells carried them and most likely has some still.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#2]
i calles socom they have a few left w/o FA but with case deflector $225 each and if i send them my bolt they will notch it for free. what ever that means. i'll do some more digging. i see dpms makes something similar.
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5604&title=AR-15%2fM16+COMPETITION+UPPER+RECEIVER
not sure if it billet though
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Edumacate me on this.  Why?  Advantages, or just the cool factor.  Never seen a billet upper for a AR before.  Thanks,

dvo
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#5]
stronger =less deflection more rigidity and cool factor

Forging is a manufacturing process where metal is pressed, pounded or squeezed under great pressure into high strength parts known as forgings. This is usually done by heating the metal, but some forgings are produced without heating.

billet take a big chunk and start making chips fly!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#6]
bump
in hopes someone out there knows where i can find one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
That will look great with the billet lower advertised in Shotgun News.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top