Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 8:01:25 AM EDT by Saryan]
I just sold this upper to a soldier serving in Afghanistan and wanted to thank him for his service so I offerd to paint the gun he bought in Norrells. Here are some before and after pics. Its a 16" SS Kreiger 1-7 twist with a Badger gas block and a MSTN brake, Bushy upper.Thanks again for your service Pat.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:20:52 PM EDT
Now get him to show before and after pics too!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:22:16 PM EDT
Thats what makes me feel good about this. I know that he will actually use this and it wont sit in some gun safe somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:23:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Saryan:
Thats what makes me feel good about this. I know that he will actually use this and it wont sit in some gun safe somewhere.

I'd feel really good about myself helping out a soldier like that :)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:28:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4A1OwnsYou:

I'd feel really good about myself helping out a soldier like that :)

I do but considering what he(all of them) does(do) for me (us) on a daily basis it is just a small way of saying "Thanks". I am just glad I had enough Coyote brown to do it. That carbon fiber takes alot of paint to really cover it good.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:31:43 PM EDT
this ones going also, not mine, a friends. (Crane stock soon to be added)

http://www.lisascadron.com/sealtribute/sand.jpg
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:59:17 AM EDT
We need pics from Iraq....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:29:58 AM EDT
nice
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:39:40 AM EDT

I just sold this to a soldier serving in Afghanistan and wanted to thank him for his service so I offerd to paint the gun he bought in Norrells. Here are some before and after pics. Its a 16" SS Kreiger 1-7 twist with a Badger gas block and a MSTN brake, Bushy upper.Thanks again for your service Pat.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/P1190031.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/100_0040.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/100_0048.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/100_0047.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/100_0044.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/100_0043.jpg

Great job...give him all of our best.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:52:13 AM EDT
This is probably going to come off as a really stupid question..

But why are they using personal weapons over there (assuming he is a soldier)? Why not use the M16s the military gave him? What kind of rules are there about personalizing your weapons and using your own?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:22:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jmccoy:

But why are they using personal weapons over there (assuming he is a soldier)? Why not use the M16s the military gave him? What kind of rules are there about personalizing your weapons and using your own?

I seriously doubt it is for use while deployed. The US Army frowns on use of personal weapons. I would guess the Soldier bought it while home on leave.

CSP
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:01:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CSP:

I seriously doubt it is for use while deployed. The US Army frowns on use of personal weapons. I would guess the Soldier bought it while home on leave.

CSP

I just sold him the upper by the way. I dont know what the intended use is for but I am sure he will find a good use for it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:26:39 AM EDT

CSP

CSP,
I'm wondering if the Army is as firm as they once were re personal equipment. I see bunches of 'private' scopes on AR's over there. Also the serial numbered lower alone would insure the soldier has the Mil issue rifle.

Anyone have more/better/different info ??

5sub
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:45:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:

CSP

CSP,
I'm wondering if the Army is as firm as they once were re personal equipment. I see bunches of 'private' scopes on AR's over there. Also the serial numbered lower alone would insure the soldier has the Mil issue rifle.

Anyone have more/better/different info ??

5sub

The army is more lenient with personal equipment like molle gear, backpacks, etc. You also see some plate carriers, but when I was leaving there was a new directive out that you had to wear the soft armor under the carrier. No commander wants to lose a troop and then have to answer why they weren't wearing the issued armor when the public and congress raised such hell about troops not having armor (righfully so).

Optics, rails and other "superfical" mods were common. Adding that upper to an issued weapon is a no-go for all but a few and those few have all the toys they want to begin with and trained with them before deploying.

The other concern will be bringing it back home. You can argue with anyone you want to about an upper not being a firearm, but the only one that matters is the smartass military customs guy who most likely will not let you bring it back home.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:25:12 PM EDT
Is that what my glock paid for. Nice upper I might have to get one of those.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:29:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 2:30:37 PM EDT by Saryan]

Originally Posted By mc556:

LOL! Yeah it helped to fund this. You know I never shot the Glock or this......thats starting to be a bad habit. I am waiting on a 6.5 Grendel upper now as a replacement for this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:02:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mc556:

LOL! Yeah it helped to fund this. You know I never shot the Glock or this......thats starting to be a bad habit. I am waiting on a 6.5 Grendel upper now as a replacement for this.

I'm going to need a range report on that one the 6.5 has peaked my intrest now that I bought stuff to reload. If I can just get someone to follow through on buying my krinkov (hint someone please) I can buy all this cool stuff I want.
Top Top