Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:05:50 PM EDT
Which one and why?  Are the ladder style panels comfortable to hold?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I happen to be using ladders, mainly because that's what came with my M73 forend, and those little boogers cost about $12 apiece.  Everybody seems to think that since it's a firearm part, they can ask whatever they want.  

I have a VFG on mine, so it's kind of a moot point, but they don't leave sharp edges exposed, and seem to hold up well when I heat that sucker up.  It doesn't bother me if I pick it up by the forend, and I expect it would be fine if I took the VFG off.

I think it's pretty much a matter of personal preference, and what you think looks good.  My $0.02.

Here's my setup.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Both. Ladder on top and bottom and covers on the sides.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been using KACs where my hands will be at the rear of my DD 12.0FSPM on the sides and bottom and ladders covering all the rest.  

But, lately I've really been enjoying NOT having the ladder rail covers on and going with the cheesegrater look ala Stickman.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
ladder on top and magpul XT panels on the sides and bottom. textured and very comfortable. The best IMO
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ladder on top and magpul XT panels on the sides and bottom. textured and very comfortable. The best IMO
img517.imageshack.us/img517/2219/dcp10380dc.jpg

I like them too.  

TS
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

That's how I've chosen to run mine.  Except mine are Tango Down panels and a Magpul ladder.  I'll have a VFG on the bottom and a weaponlight mount on the side.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I had KAC all around but just put on the ladders as I like to show off the rails.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the Magpul XT's...  Very rough texture and seem durable.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Which one and why?  Are the ladder style panels comfortable to hold?

Ladders.  Mainly personal preference, I think they look better and they are very comfortable for me.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I first used laddrers, but I now have Magpul XTs instead; I like the rough texture in them better.

Much better IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#12]
ladders do a fine job in covering the sharp edges and i prefer the look.

basically, go with what looks best to you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

Magpuls on sides, ladders on top/bottom
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top