Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:53:12 AM EDT
I have built one AR it was a Rock River Arms Lower and a sabre Defense upper.
Love the thing but its time to build gun #2 and I am just wondering if a Bushmaster is any better
then a RRA or other brands. I see some people say it does not matter that much. So I am sure this has been answered before and as time and testing goes on peoples opinions sometimes change.
so if you were going to build what would you use. Lower ? Upper ? what brand
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:29:36 AM EDT
Bushmaster is nice other than the purple color. I would go with a LMT or a Colt . Some nice stuff from RRA. And I was very impresed with my Double Star lower. Very nice match to my Colt upper.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:45:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 12:02:42 PM EDT by theshootersden]
For the battle rifles I build,

I like Bushmaster lowers because of the nice fit/finish plus its has the low shelf that's compatible with a DIAS or Accu Wedge Buffer...

For barrels, I prefer 4150 steel that is chrome lined and 1:7 twist ratio (Bushmaster or Colt, doesn't really matter which of the two)...

For the upper receiver I like to use CMT for those, either with or with out feed ramps depending on the application its being used for... CMT has a nice fit and finish... Their receiver with the feedramps match up really nice to COLT's extended feedramp barrel extensions too...

As for the bolt, I will only use MP tested bolts, preferably COLT's, CMT is good too...

That's the #1 parts for my builds and a few of the reasons why I like to use them...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:51:06 AM EDT
Colt, Colt, and more Colt.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:46:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JD42:
Bushmaster is nice other than the purple color.

I haven't seen a purple Bushmaster yet
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:30:51 AM EDT
GTS lower
and custom RRA upper from ADCO
Top Top