Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:11:00 PM EDT
Hi all, I just finished breaking in my new mid-length parts kit build. All’s well as far as function, but while testing, a buddy let me shoot his BM light weight, and it made me wish my midy wasn’t so muzzle heavy. I don’t mind adding weight (e.g. a heavier stock) to the weapon, as it’s just a range plinker for me, but I hope some of you can give me some ideas to balance the heavy barrel. Right now it sports a plastic 4 pos. stock. I feel it’s only right that you help; being this sight is heavily responsible for my new addiction. Thanks in advance. Seriously though, pray for all those fighting terror however they may be doing so.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:19:57 PM EDT
get a govt bbl

you can try to weigh down the end by getting a heavier stock (magpul, etc), H buffer, and buttstock mag pouch w/ a couple of loaded mags
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:52:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 8:52:44 PM EDT by WIZZO_ARAKM14]
Send your barrel to ADCO and have it turned down under the handguards to gov't profile.

That will make a world of difference in how the rifle feels.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:42:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kahrk-9:
....and it made me wish my midy wasn’t so muzzle heavy....

Right there you've got the rationale to start a new build.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:10:48 AM EDT
Well, you can either have the barrel reprofiled (fluted, gov't profile, lightweight, dimpled) to make the front lighter - or you can add a heavier stock to make the back heavier (Magpul M95 Precision Stock or M93 Adjustable, VLTOR or Crane with 123 batteries stowed in stock)

Right now you have a heavy 16" barrel combined with one of the lighter stocks out there, so it is nose heavy.
Top Top