Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:11:00 PM EDT
Hi all, I just finished breaking in my new mid-length parts kit build. All’s well as far as function, but while testing, a buddy let me shoot his BM light weight, and it made me wish my midy wasn’t so muzzle heavy. I don’t mind adding weight (e.g. a heavier stock) to the weapon, as it’s just a range plinker for me, but I hope some of you can give me some ideas to balance the heavy barrel. Right now it sports a plastic 4 pos. stock. I feel it’s only right that you help; being this sight is heavily responsible for my new addiction. Thanks in advance. Seriously though, pray for all those fighting terror however they may be doing so.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
get a govt bbl

you can try to weigh down the end by getting a heavier stock (magpul, etc), H buffer, and  buttstock mag pouch w/ a couple of loaded mags
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Send your barrel to ADCO and have it turned down under the handguards to gov't profile.

That will make a world of difference in how the rifle feels.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
....and it made me wish my midy wasn’t so muzzle heavy....  

Right there you've got the rationale to start a new build.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, you can either have the barrel reprofiled (fluted, gov't profile, lightweight, dimpled) to make the front lighter - or you can add a heavier stock to make the back heavier (Magpul M95 Precision Stock or M93 Adjustable, VLTOR or Crane with 123 batteries stowed in stock)

Right now you have a heavy 16" barrel combined with one of the lighter stocks out there, so it is nose heavy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top