Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 1:05:33 PM EDT
From searching this site as well as looking at Bushmaster's website from what I can understand with the M4 Type 14.5" barrel the flash suppressors are permanently attached by being pinned and welded before the barrel is finished.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=271648

Post about permanetly attached Izzy.

This is one reason I was leaning towards the M4 Type Patrolman's Carbine.  Basically  I would like to get a Phantom flash suppressor instead of the Izzy type that is appearing standard everyplace I have looked for one at.

According to Bushmaster's website if you order from them and order a different flash suppressor at the same time they will install it at the factory.

Is this something a dealer can or would be willing to do?  I'm assuming it would probably be considered a special order and probably increase the price but I have yet to talk to any to see what the can or can't do.

I think picking between the 14.5" and the 16" is going to come down to whether I can get the Phantom flash suppressor on it, and if not I will go with the 16" and replace it myself at some point down the road.

Just looking for any opinions, criticisms or suggestions.  hanks,
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You can order an barrelled upper, equipped YOUR way, directly from Bushmaster.
Their catalog says they'll permanently install a muzzle accessory for free as long as you buy it from them.

It's the LOWER that you need to get though an FFL, not the upper.

Call the folks at Bushmaster.  They've always been real helpful to me.
800-883-6229
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  That is what I thought they were getting at.  I thought maybe if I could get a complete rifle setup this way that would be the way I would go for my first one.  Maybe I could get it to work out to about the same price buying the upper from Bushmaster and getting a complete Bushmaster lower from the a dealer.

Thanks for the advice.  Adam
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top