Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:17:12 AM EDT
has anyone setup one, fired one or knows any general knowledge about these triggers? it is very different than a RRA 2 stage.

thanks
nick
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:56:35 AM EDT
It is a cheap knock off of the Compass Lake Engineering trigger and prone to rapid wear, leaving you with no second stage and an inconsistent first stage.

If you like the way the Bushy works, spend the $90 it takes to get the real deal (Compass Lake) and save yourself some aggravation down the road.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:06:46 PM EDT
whats the difference?? is one made w/ better steel? i would love to buy his but already have a bushy.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:26:01 PM EDT
Frank White uses hardened steel inserts (most likely tool steel) in the wear points. Bushmaster does not.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:07:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 6:07:35 AM EDT by Banzai]
BM 2 stage triggers usually die about 1K rounds, get replaced/serviced by BM and last another 1K rounds, then get replaced by ANYTHING after that.

YMMV, but I've seen them go Tits Up on the firing line of DCM shoots almost as often as there are blades of grass on any given range.

Tom
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:14:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 6:16:53 AM EDT by SNIPERm88]
They suck, first hand experience. Get anything but the Bushmaster. Just when I get it tuned to a level of acceptable performance I use my McCormick 2 stage and realize the Bushmaster sucks. Then 50 rounds later the Bushmaster needs tuning again. The next mod to my good old A2 will be a good 2-stage trigger. Fortunately the Bushmaster trigger was a gift and I’m not out anything from it.
Top Top