Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:08:07 PM EDT
Did that DEA/Bob Marley look-alike agent who shot himself in front of the classroom full of kids get issued a RRA carbine?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No he got fired.

And just speculating, but I would suspect the rifle he had was a Colt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
No matter how many times I see that video or hear people talk about it, it makes me laugh. Just the quote that he said right before shooting himself.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no way that asswipe got fired.  He is "diverse."
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link to vid:

http://www.drunkendelight.com/view.php?id=362

Gordon
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
You want to know what really happened. Snopes to the rescue

www.snopes.com/photos/accident/gunsafety.asp
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]
"I'm the only one in this room proffesional enough to handle this gun......" Famous last words right there.....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, all this time I was thinking it was staged.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]
From Snopes "It puts a lot of undercover agents in jeopardy if their faces are videotaped," a masked agent told Local 6 News. "His identity is burned. His identity is known as a police officer and its a potential personal safety hazard to himself as well as his family members."

Seems to me he is as much of a hazzard to his own saftey (and that of others around him) as any criminal that might recognize him.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
HOOO LEEEE SHIT  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Asshat
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#13]
standard firearms safety video.  not at all funny.  probably be better if hed shot himself dead.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Every time I see that video, I get more and more pissed off.  He keeps saying that it could happen to anybody....Well, of course you moron, especially if you don't make sure the weapon safe and just squeeze the trigger!!!  This asshole is a frigging DEA agent and went through all this intensive training just so he could shoot off his duty pistol in a room full of people.  The most basic firearm safety would have prevented that.  I hope that brainstem was fired......  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"I'm the only one in this room proffesional enough to handle this gun......" Famous last words right there.....

Those words will echo through history... like these words:
"Lady, God Almighty Himself couldn't sink this ship!"
Spoken by a crewmember of HMS Titanic.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
From Snopes "It puts a lot of undercover agents in jeopardy if their faces are videotaped," a masked agent told Local 6 News. "His identity is burned. His identity is known as a police officer and its a potential personal safety hazard to himself as well as his family members."

Wouldn't standing up in front of a room full of people you don't know and telling them you're a DEA agent be as bad?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#17]
A point of view I've seen before - "I don't want you to use guns because I'm not competent enough to handle them safely myself."

Kind of reminds me of, "I don't think anyone should have a gun, because if I had one, I'd kill someone."  

Good reference for this is Granpa Jack's "Are Anti-Gunners Mentally Ill?"

I hope he got fired.  There are a lot of good people who want careers in in law enforcement waiting to take his place.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:39:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those words will echo through history... like these words:
"Lady, God Almighty Himself couldn't sink this ship!"
Spoken by a crewmember of HMS Titanic.

That and. "Hold my beer, watch this....."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:42:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Seems to me he is as much of a hazzard to his own saftey (and that of others around him) as any criminal that might recognize him.

I looked twice at that quote on Snopes.

If the guy is undercover, why the heck is he appearing in public in uniform apparel?

Seems pretty silly to me.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Where can I find a downloadable copy of that video.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Did that DEA/Bob Marley look-alike agent who shot himself in front of the classroom full of kids get issued a RRA carbine?

He looks nothing like Bob Marley. Aside from being a lot darker, and shorter, he has about 100 plus pounds on Marley. And he has guns, marley didnt look strong enough to hold up a guitar.

Quoted:

Never mind. Within 3 hours you finished off why you posted this exactly.

ETA: And why exactly is this in the AR15 forum?   Not even a good

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Where can I find a downloadable copy of that video.

drunkendelight.com/content/videos/03084899.wmv

Right click and "Save As..."  (Or Command Click and "Download Linked File..." for users with real computers Matt
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:56:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He looks nothing like Bob Marley. Aside from being a lot darker, and shorter, he has about 100 plus pounds on Marley. And he has guns, marley didnt look strong enough to hold up a guitar.

Quoted:

I'll take "Black Man Who Can't Handle The Truth" for $500, Alex.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another racist troll. What else is new?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#25]
This video disgusts me.  It's things like this that give fuel to the anti's.  That guy is dumbass.  The friggin' kids are smarter than him.  After he shoots himself, and tries to get out another gun for "show and tell", you can hear the kids yelling, "no" and "put it away"!  The guy is stupid for fingering his trigger, but my question is, what the HELL was he doing with a loaded firearm in the classroom, anyway?  If he was required to have a loaded firearm, it should NEVER have left his holster.  What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#26]
He looks more like Ricky Williams and is just as smart.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This video disgusts me.  It's things like this that give fuel to the anti's.  That guy is dumbass.  The friggin' kids are smarter than him.  After he shoots himself, and tries to get out another gun for "show and tell", you can hear the kids yelling, "no" and "put it away"!  The guy is stupid for fingering his trigger, but my question is, what the HELL was he doing with a loaded firearm in the classroom, anyway?  If he was required to have a loaded firearm, it should NEVER have left his holster.  What a dumbass.

+1... Atleast he never got to the BS part about how Assault Rifles are bad.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#28]
You would think he would know to remove the Mag!!!

Mag in, release bolt, then what???  Pull the trigger just for shits and giggles???

I can beleive it, but damn how stupid could you be.........

Doesn't the DEA have a rule, not to sample the evidence????
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1... Atleast he never got to the BS part about how Assault Rifles are bad.

Nathan

Yeah, but only because he had the ND before he got to that part.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's the quote I like from snopes:

"Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer said. "But the point of gun safety hit home. Unfortunately, the agent had to get shot. But after seeing that, my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."

Now every one of those 'youts' likes guns even lss than before the class, which was probably the whole point anyway.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top