Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:40:34 AM EDT
i looked at bushmaster's web sight and they offer a fluted barrell, but not a true ltwt. i really like the dissipator and would buy a lightweight version of same.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:36:00 AM EDT
for a true lightweight/pencil bbl. look for an old colt m16 or sp1 upper and have the bbl. shortened with the gas port opened up.

other than that good luck, there are lightweight profiled bbls but to have the .625 fsb you are limited on options
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:54:00 AM EDT
Also note that BM carries an M4-profile Dissipator barrel. I don't have the exact numbers for BM barrel weights in front of me, but it should be available on BM's website, or can be found with a search on www.thehighroad.org

IIRC, the M4-profile is an ounce or two lighter than the HBAR fluted, and not much heavier than the LWB.

-MV
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:15:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
for a true lightweight/pencil bbl. look for an old colt m16 or sp1 upper and have the bbl. shortened with the gas port opened up.

other than that good luck, there are lightweight profiled bbls but to have the .625 fsb you are limited on options

yeah, that is the ticket. so i can keep drinking my koolaid straight.

i looked at dpms,adco, and the rest of the mfg, on the industry list, it looks like that would be the best way to find what i want. also an excuse to buy another colt lower!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:38:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 5:41:23 AM EDT by lt557]
Go to www.ar15barrels.com they can do the chop, and do it right.

It will need a bushing installed.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:20:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 5:10:42 PM EDT by guile_99703]

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

Do any of you have experience with this mod?,
If so how much does the gas port needs to be opened?

I have thought about doing this very thing, but not having anywhere to start from means a lot or trial and error.

Living a ways from the range has kept me from starting the project because of the time I would spend on the road.
Top Top