Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/5/2006 10:13:51 AM EDT
Since triggers seem to be a popular topic lately....
I have a RRA NM with the 2 stage trigger... I hate it. Am I the only person on this board that feels this way?
It has a light first stage and a heavy second. I thought all NM triggers all had a heavy first stage with a light second. I have a bushy varminter with the factory 2 stage (compass lake) and it shoots sweet. Heavy first stage take up with a very light second.

So I have decided to get rid of the RRA trigger. Those of you who have alot of experience with 2 stage triggers I need your advice, should I spend twice the money on the Geissele or just get another compass lake or equivelent?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:27:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:31:16 PM EDT by Banzai]
Dude, it's like going from a Pinto to a Ferrari (in performance and cost)! 100% tunable to YOUR preference.

I was spoiled early in my black rifle life by a Milazzo, went from there backwards to a Bushmaster, then to an ArmaLite, then a RRA, then to a Jewell, then to a KAC, and now the Geissle. The Milazzo is still the best feeling MATCH trigger, but as far as field triggers, I'm torn between my loyalty to the KAC and my 2 new Geissles!

Buy once, cry once. Knowing what I know now, if the Geissle had been available when I bought all of the others, I would not have owned them. Others will tell you to save your money, that a WOA tuned trigger will do you just fine, A, B, or C is cheaper and 90% as good, etc. If you're serious about a good, high quality, properly engineered trigger and you're willing to stay committed to it, you can't go wrong.

If you buy a Geissle and hate it, IM or email me, and as long as you haven't screwed it up, I'll give you what you paid for it. So would anyone else here that actually ownes one.

Tom
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:34:44 PM EDT
I thought all NM triggers all had a heavy first stage with a light second

If it was heavy all the way through the first stage, how would you know when you got to the second stage?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:37:47 PM EDT
$239 is steep for a stinkin trigger.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:16:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigkracka:
$239 is steep for a stinkin trigger.

You must be happy with Ruger factory triggers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:18:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ch0wd3r: It has a light first stage and a heavy second. I thought all NM triggers all had a heavy first stage with a light second. I have a bushy varminter with the factory 2 stage (compass lake) and it shoots sweet. Heavy first stage take up with a very light second.

So I have decided to get rid of the RRA trigger. Those of you who have alot of experience with 2 stage triggers I need your advice, should I spend twice the money on the Geissele or just get another compass lake or equivelent?

The heavy 1st and light 2nd is the usual way, but it is merely a matter of preference. Some people do like it the othe way round.

IMO, if you are not happy with the RRA, get a Geissele now. Once you install it and set it up, you will wonder why you didn't do it as soon as they came out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:19:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jason280:

If it was heavy all the way through the first stage, how would you know when you got to the second stage?

From Geissele's web site... "Service trigger pull weights are biased with most of the pull weight on the 1st stage; this will allow a light second stage with an icicle sharp break, effectively giving your weapon a match grade trigger let off."

The Geissele Match Trigger Pull Weights:

First Stage: 3.2 – 5 pounds (4 pound nominal)
Second Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 pounds

It stops at the second stage then breaks clean with very little effort.
The thing I don't like about the RRA is it is just opposite of this.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:28:07 PM EDT
Banzai... you make a very good case for spending the money now, (buy once cry once).

SWO_Daddy... I've heard you rave about yours, and thanks for explaining that some people like the heavy stage second, though I can't imagine why.

bigkracka... Where do you see them for 239.00?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:30:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ch0wd3r:
Banzai... you make a very good case for spending the money now, (buy once cry once).

You won't be crying!

Tom
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:38:47 PM EDT
I have the RRA 2 stage on my 20" and I love it. Then again, it is the only 2 stage trigger I've ever used, but I can put all my shots into an 8 inch group rapid fire at 50 yds without problem.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:40:21 PM EDT

bigkracka... Where do you see them for 239.00?

I also would like to know. TIA
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:58:56 PM EDT
They are the shat. Banzai got it right when he said Pinto to Ferrari!!! I just tested my new 9mm setup on my SBR registered lower. I have a Geissele in that. WOW was that fun...

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:13:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jason280:

I know I dont know what would stop the first stage either. It doesn't make sense to me. My KAC is the same way. A light first and a little heavier second, hence knowing where the second stage starts. I shall try a Geissele to figure things out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:37:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Banzai:

You won't be crying!

Tom

No but my wife will be!!!

I just ordered one from ADCO. WOOT!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:40:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 5:41:01 PM EDT by KA3B]
I bought the National Match trigger, it's not what I want. so for less than $10 Geissele is sending me a Service rifle disconnector spring and I'll end up with a DMR trigger.

I love the feel of the Geissele, the Match trigger has a very light pull through to the second stage, and the second stage breaks at an insane 4 to 14 ounces, I figure mine is somewhere around 8 - ounces.

The Service trigger second stage breaks at 0.5 to 1.5 pounds.

Geissele = EXCELLENT customer service.

I also bought mine from ADCO.
Did you ask for the ARFcom discount?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:48:58 PM EDT
What discount?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:49:32 PM EDT

What discount?

It's a joke.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:53:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B: