Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:46:58 AM EDT
For loading heavy bullets ,I have read it is a preference to slow the cyclic rate ,! to reduce wear and tear on the action, and reduce recoil to keep on target better(.223+5.56) to me doesnt have much recoil, but perhaps at great distances it matters,well I see hydrolic and neumatic bolt buffers, and then theres Tubbs system, he recommends replacing the spring for his and weighting the bolt not to alter the buffer, WHO is right ?, IS any of this needed ? , Does it make a noticable difference?, I called Derrick Martin didnt get to speak to him but  asked the man on the phone,and he  said Derrick was shaking his head NO! Tubbs system looks like a pain as far as cleaning , the need to break down instead of just break open ! OKAY how about youalls wisdom and expeirence  needed here before I go on .I am loading 77gr.smk   THANKS to ALL !!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
when using heavy bullets and trying to keep velocities up, pressure gets high.   adding mass keeps it locked a little longer, allowing the pressure to decrease, and allows proper extraction and brass life.  or you can run an adjustable gas block, and only allow enough gas in for the rifle to function properly.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top