Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:05:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 4:05:47 AM EDT by EntryTac]
How would I go about legally owning a short barrel rifle? I'm interested in an AR with maybe an 11.5" barrel. I have no interest in becoming a felon by doing it illegally though... Any pointers on how to legally own one? I have no real interest in full auto capabilities... I only want a slightly more compact package than a 16" barrel allows.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:30:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:49:56 AM EDT
SBR FAQ

The first order of business is to determine if they are legal to own in your state. You don't have your state listed, so I'm of no help there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:04:51 PM EDT by EntryTac]
Thanks bigbore.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:03:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
SBR FAQ

The first order of business is to determine if they are legal to own in your state. You don't have your state listed, so I'm of no help there.

Georgia... I tried to click the link included in the thread linked to above but it took me to some wierd search page. Is there a current list of states where it's legal. I think it is legal in Georgia with a tax stamp, but not 100% sure...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:30:16 PM EDT
Go to the Georgia HOMETOWN section here and there will be plenty of help.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:15:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EntryTac:

SBR FAQ

Georgia... I tried to click the link included in the thread linked to above but it took me to some wierd search page. Is there a current list of states where it's legal. I think it is legal in Georgia with a tax stamp, but not 100% sure...

Link works fine for me.

Georgia allows all NFA items, so you are okay there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:41:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EntryTac:

SBR FAQ

Link works fine for me. here.

Thanks. Now to decide whether to go the corporation route or not. My Dad has a corporation. Wonder how involved it would be to become part of his corporation and whether or not that would work for the NFA thing...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:22:31 AM EDT
If you live in Cherokee County you better go corp or trust route. The Sheriff wont sign.

Good Luck

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:08:37 AM EDT
I'm actually a Deputy Sheriff in good standing in another Georgia county so getting Chief LEO signature is not a problem for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:10:28 AM EDT
And sorry for the dumb questions in what's probably the wrong forum. I'm new here and haven't had time to hit all the areas of the site yet since signing up.
Top Top