Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:27:31 PM EDT
I have decided everything that I want for my AR except for the carry handle.  It is going to be a RRA CAR Elite A4.  The choices are between an A3 detachable carry handle, a RRA Tactical carry handle, and a RRA Dominator EOTech mount.  I personally like the dominator mount, as some day I want to add an eotech.  What is your personal preference among these 3 choices.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally like the tactical carry handle.

It is the best of all of those worlds in one. Its not too high, like the standard carry handle would be.

You can still mount the optic of your chioce, high enough to see through  without the front sight being in the way and if you want, you take it off and have flat top to use whatever optic mount you want.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally like the tactical handle and Eotech dominator mount because of the BUIS and ability to mount optics
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#3]
There are other options for a BUIS. IMHO the dealer your are purchasing from will work with you. The tactical cary handle will not work with the Eotech unless you dont want to see your sights in case it fails.  Of the three though I would go with the Dominator though it does kind of limit where you can mount your Eotech. Its nice because it places your irons in the lower 1/3 of the Eotech window. Lots of folks run a Flip up rear BUIS like the Troy with Eotechs and The Larue Eotech riser which also place the irons inthe lower 1/3rd. Also in some circles you will see people using the Eotech as a Huge ghost ring in CQB situations.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine came with the tactical carry handle and it was useless with the EOTech. It put the EOTech too high for a good cheek weld when looking through the sight and the rear sight was well below the bottom of the EOTech window making co-witness impossible. If the EOTech failed I would have had to remove it to use the iron sights. Not what I wanted to have to do in a tight situation.

I looked at the LaRue Tactical EOTech mount and the RRA Dominator and ended up going with the Dominator for the built in rear sight. With the Dominator and the EOTech the iron sights perfectly co-witness with the EO reticle. If the EO fails it's a simple matter of just picking up the front sight with your eye. I love the Dominator/EOTech combo. Here it is on my Entry Tactical, which I also love to death!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e262/lksdfjh/rockriver/IMG_0293.jpg
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Entry tac that is one nice looking highly functionable weapon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#6]
EntryTac, would you please take a picture of where the sights sit in relation to the eotech's 'window?'
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top