Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/3/2006 12:10:33 PM EDT
Just curious what type of optics scope would work given a 11.5/5.5 on an a-2 carry handle w/collapsible stock? GIven the shorter barrel, the range is less therefore probably nothing very powerful. However if i were to stay in the $200.00 or so range what and where would i be looking for? Not seeking anything wimpy, but should be within the characteristics of this barrel stock combination. Oh and by the way it came with the b-square see-thru mount and rings.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:14:06 AM EDT
I don't know!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:27:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By robone:
Just curious what type of optics scope would work given a 11.5/5.5 on an a-2 carry handle w/collapsible stock? GIven the shorter barrel, the range is less therefore probably nothing very powerful. However if i were to stay in the $200.00 or so range what and where would i be looking for? Not seeking anything wimpy, but should be within the characteristics of this barrel stock combination. Oh and by the way it came with the b-square see-thru mount and rings.

Sounds like a good candidate for one of the 4X20 carry handle mount scopes as seen in CDNN catalogs. These are similar to the old Colt scopes.

First, I'd suggest a red dot sight instead of a scope for that rifle. $200 isn't enough to get you one of the top models, but you should be able to find a Hakko, C-More, or some other cheaper (Chinese) sight to use at the range. I'd look for a used "gooseneck" mount (attaches to the carry handle and protrudes out the front over the handguards where you mount the optic.)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:50:36 AM EDT
Yeah, I'd do a zero-magnification red-dot on that shortie. I think you can get a Bushnell for that price.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:58:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 8:59:17 AM EDT by Trey-W]
Not to piss in your cheerio's, but why even get a scope? A Red Dot will serve you much better, given the application

Edit: Yeah what they said....
Top Top