Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:56:57 PM EDT
I dont have an AR at the moment and I havnt had to use any of my other guns for home defense but from the sound of a recent threat that inspired me to make this one, Some people have had to use it to at least scare druggies and nutjobs off their property. So tell your stories about having to use your AR or other guns for home defense. A LEO or Mil would take paragraphs to tell all of their stories probably. So I guess for you guys, tell your most interesting or different story.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:36:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 7:37:06 PM EDT by stangleonthedangle]
I live in a large apt building but have my own entrance. The other day this guy, (I think he was homeless) was rooting through my trash can at the bottom of the stairs. I told him to get lost and went up the stairs to my apt.

Ten minutes later I look out my window and this asshole is still at the bottom of my stairs so I suit up in my mask and vest, lock and load my RRA middy, fix bayonet, rack the slide of my springer 1911 and slowly sneak down the stairs. I crack the door and toss an OC grenade at his feet . The old dreadlocked bum nearly shits himself as I charge him with guns blazing.Then I woke up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:54:09 PM EDT
HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:24:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:34:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stangleonthedangle:
I live in a large apt building but have my own entrance. The other day this guy, (I think he was homeless) was rooting through my trash can at the bottom of the stairs. I told him to get lost and went up the stairs to my apt.

Ten minutes later I look out my window and this asshole is still at the bottom of my stairs so I suit up in my mask and vest, lock and load my RRA middy, fix bayonet, rack the slide of my springer 1911 and slowly sneak down the stairs. I crack the door and toss an OC grenade at his feet . The old dreadlocked bum nearly shits himself as I charge him with guns blazing.Then I woke up.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 9:02:05 PM EDT by Gunzilla]
About a week ago, I was taking a shower, when Nazi frogmen came up through the drain in the tub... two of them grabbed me and the third looked at me and all he said was

"Dalas nekcihc dna tihs nekcihc neewteb ecnereffid eht wonk ot suineg a ekat t'nseod ti"

Falling back on my training from the Myoryu-ji, I was able to free myself and get to the M4 that I keep in plastic bag in the shower... for just this type of emergency -- Two of my would be captures made a hasty retreat back down the drain, but the third bolted for the living room.

Donning my shower shoes and Pro-Tec... I gave chase... There I faced the nerdowell as he took my Cartman plushie hostage. Thinking and acting with cat-like reflexes, I used the butt of my trusty M4 to smash the glass out of the door to my DVD case... I immediately saw what I wanted and reached in and grabbed my autographed edition of "The Octagon" -- holding it in front of me like Buffy would wield a wooden Cross, my foe saw the image of Chuck Norris and immediately fainted!

Naturally, I went back to finish my shower... but by now that hot water had ran out; but, when I returned to the living room... my nefarious visitor had strangely vanished.

I must live with the fear that he is still out there... somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:25:55 PM EDT
Does a rabid animal count as home defense use of an AR?

I have had to point a weapon at a human 1 time, no shots fired and it wasn't an AR. Hope it never has to happen again.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:13:31 AM EDT
this one time . . . . at band camp . . . .
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:14:19 AM EDT
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:23:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ManiacRat461:
Does a rabid animal count as home defense use of an AR?

I have had to point a weapon at a human 1 time, no shots fired and it wasn't an AR. Hope it never has to happen again.

yes.

And I dont mean that home defense has to be shooting at someone. You are still defending your home.

And thanks everyone for being so mature. Though I did believe the homeless guy story till I saw "grenade"
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:15:23 AM EDT
Back at the farm, we were awakened one night by the barking of dogs and some shooting in our yard. This is like 1:30am and the next day was a work day, so this type of activity wasn't exactly welcomed by us. Further, we had a new baby sleeping in the bedroom nearest the shooting activity. They were coon hunters...running their dogs and hunting out of season. They had a coon treed in our yard.

I grabbed my Mini-14 and a Mag-lite and crept out into the yard keeping about 50 yards distance between me and the hunters. I flashed them once from my crouch and moved, then yelled for them to get off of my property. They took off at a run with their dogs....you could hear them crashing through our woods and yelling...funny in a way. I don't know if they saw the rifle or not. I had no intention of shooting unless a round came my way.

I regularly kept a rifle in the corner of the bedroom in those days. Our nearest neighbor was about 600 yards away and it seemed like we would have visitors at night every few months. The really nice thing about the farm was getting to walk out the front door and shoot. I had a 100 yard range set up, but could test at longer distances when I wanted. Miss being able to do that.

dvo
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:32:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunzilla:
About a week ago, I was taking a shower, when Nazi frogmen came up through the drain in the tub...

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:02:27 AM EDT
Last Christmas, my inlaws came for a quick visit. I decided to wipe down my AR while they were sitting in the living room. They didn't think that was very cool and left. I was able to get rid of the perps without firing a shot! Have not seen them sisnce that day and they only live 4 miles away. I wish i would have thought of it 8 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:13:05 AM EDT

About a week ago, I was taking a shower, when Nazi frogmen came up through the drain in the tub... two of them grabbed me and the third looked at me and all he said was

"Dalas nekcihc dna tihs nekcihc neewteb ecnereffid eht wonk ot suineg a ekat t'nseod ti"

Falling back on my training from the Myoryu-ji, I was able to free myself and get to the M4 that I keep in plastic bag in the shower... for just this type of emergency -- Two of my would be captures made a hasty retreat back down the drain, but the third bolted for the living room.

Donning my shower shoes and Pro-Tec... I gave chase... There I faced the nerdowell as he took my Cartman plushie hostage. Thinking and acting with cat-like reflexes, I used the butt of my trusty M4 to smash the glass out of the door to my DVD case... I immediately saw what I wanted and reached in and grabbed my autographed edition of "The Octagon" -- holding it in front of me like Buffy would wield a wooden Cross, my foe saw the image of Chuck Norris and immediately fainted!

Naturally, I went back to finish my shower... but by now that hot water had ran out; but, when I returned to the living room... my nefarious visitor had strangely vanished.

Another story of Chick Norris saving lives . . . . . . beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:20:08 AM EDT
When I lived in Luziana, I had some teenager's put a flaming bag of dawg shit with firecracker's in it on my front step. That didn't bother me so much except that they threw a bunch of broken glass on the walkway as well so if I ran outside barefoot it would of cut me up good.... It just so happens that I was standing next to the front door, putting on my shoes to go to the store for Childrens Tylenol.... When they banged on the door I just pulled the cutain aside and watched 'em run off, and noticed the fire on the step. I ran out the back door where I had an "Urban Assult" Shotgun sitting next to the door. I dropped out the back door and ran through the woods to head them off! I guess they went in the woods across the street to watch me get F'd up, but I flanked 'em and scared the living shit out of 'em when I opened up a surpressing fire over their heads..................

A nieghbor called the cops, and they caught 'em about 1/2 a mile away running down the road. The sherriffs deputy told me that they were happy to see him and assured him that they would never ever do anything like that again.

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:23:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dvo:
Back at the farm, we were awakened one night by the barking of dogs and some shooting in our yard. This is like 1:30am and the next day was a work day, so this type of activity wasn't exactly welcomed by us. Further, we had a new baby sleeping in the bedroom nearest the shooting activity. They were coon hunters...running their dogs and hunting out of season. They had a coon treed in our yard.

I grabbed my Mini-14 and a Mag-lite and crept out into the yard keeping about 50 yards distance between me and the hunters. I flashed them once from my crouch and moved, then yelled for them to get off of my property. They took off at a run with their dogs....you could hear them crashing through our woods and yelling...funny in a way. I don't know if they saw the rifle or not. I had no intention of shooting unless a round came my way.

I regularly kept a rifle in the corner of the bedroom in those days. Our nearest neighbor was about 600 yards away and it seemed like we would have visitors at night every few months. The really nice thing about the farm was getting to walk out the front door and shoot. I had a 100 yard range set up, but could test at longer distances when I wanted. Miss being able to do that.

dvo

Good work.

Originally Posted By Alaskacajun:
When I lived in Luziana, I had some teenager's put a flaming bag of dawg shit with firecracker's in it on my front step. That didn't bother me so much except that they threw a bunch of broken glass on the walkway as well so if I ran outside barefoot it would of cut me up good.... It just so happens that I was standing next to the front door, putting on my shoes to go to the store for Childrens Tylenol.... When they banged on the door I just pulled the cutain aside and watched 'em run off, and noticed the fire on the step. I ran out the back door where I had an "Urban Assult" Shotgun sitting next to the door. I dropped out the back door and ran through the woods to head them off! I guess they went in the woods across the street to watch me get F'd up, but I flanked 'em and scared the living shit out of 'em when I opened up a surpressing fire over their heads..................

A nieghbor called the cops, and they caught 'em about 1/2 a mile away running down the road. The sherriffs deputy told me that they were happy to see him and assured him that they would never ever do anything like that again.

- Clint

wow. Over their heads? How far over their heads?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:25:41 AM EDT

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:33:32 AM EDT

- Clint

wow. Over their heads? How far over their heads?

Tops of the trees, in my own defense I did not shoot anywhere near where they were, and was directing my shots in a way that was meant to scare them not kill them...... come on now!

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:48:14 AM EDT

Tops of the trees, in my own defense I did not shoot anywhere near where they were, and was directing my shots in a way that was meant to scare them not kill them...... come on now!

- Clint

Oh I wasnt criticizing you or anything heh. Good work. Well even if a couple of the little shots clocked em I wouldnt care haha. You dont set fire to a mans property and you dont try and cut their feet with glass.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:38:24 PM EDT
Thats what I'm talkin bout..............

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:23:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1DaveF:
Last Christmas, my inlaws came for a quick visit. I decided to wipe down my AR while they were sitting in the living room. They didn't think that was very cool and left. I was able to get rid of the perps without firing a shot! Have not seen them sisnce that day and they only live 4 miles away. I wish i would have thought of it 8 years ago.

Is there anything the AR cannot do?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:10:56 PM EDT
deep in the woods,when the fog rolls through the trees and silences the area by my cabin,i see things...things in the dark.....two weeks ago i was smoking my tobaco pipe on the porch,and i heard the foleage move...far in the distance i could hear the sound of a rotor blade.silently i snuck back into my cabin,lifting the small door on the floor open......CLIK the sound of the light swich echoed in the dusty weopons storage room.i reached over picking up my dual par ordnance .45's, and strapped them on my side.next i grabbed my m-249 saw,and 600 rounds of ammo(3 belts)...and last but not least,my AR-10 which i slung over my shoulder.outside sounds were coming from all directions,sneeking out into the brush was the easy part..then out of nowhere the rotor blades got loud and close..the sound of a shreeking bird was made as a missile flew over the top of the trees into the log cabin blowing it up into tiny splinters of wood shrapnel....as the smoke cleared,i could see the chopper hovering obove the destroyed site. it was an mi-24 hind-d russian attack chopper!...i unslung my ar-10 and put the scope to my eyes.still,nothing moving,just the crosshairs and my target.slowly my finger squeezed the trigger...boom!the rifle bucked ejecting the brass and sending the round through the cockpit window into the piolot's neck.the chopper lost control,spinning into the forest floor creating a dazzling fireball..muzzleflashes.from all direction...damn russian spetsnaz! hastily grabbing my nifty m249 , i raise it to my shoulder pulling the trigger..popopopopopopopopopopoppopopopopopopopop!i fire the machingun in a feild of fire aim point blowing small tees down and destroyng all wildlife in the direction of a couple of muzzle flashes....oh shit reload time...(was that 200 rounds already?)i lift the top of the weopon open and slap on the new belt,after clipping the box onto the bottom.the i slap a round in the chamber.CRACK! a round hit's me in my right leg.i hit the ground....you motherfuckers! i yell as i stand up firing my dual .45's into one of their chests,he falls down blood spraying.about a dozen more with assorted rpk's and an-94's rushed me, i fired and fired until both the slides were locked back...the smoke cleared,and noone was standing....the end
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:23:38 PM EDT
Put down the beer. Blockbuster called and said your copy of Red Dawn is three days past due.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:37:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 2:39:02 PM EDT by IAMLEGEND]
OK, we have this party at our house last summer. I have coolers full of ice cold beer and we grill. Great appetizers too, lots of fun and everyone has a great time. I have a garbage can set up for empties beside the garage door.
SHEISLEGEND has a few drinks but I get pretty hammered. Hey, I’m at home and I don’t have to drive.
Everyone leaves and we go to bed. Fast forward to the next morning. I bolt awake to the sound of a ruckus coming from the garage. I leap up out of bed, grab my AR which is beside the bed, rack it and I pretty much fly down the stairs maybe touching one of them on the way. I know the sounds in my house pretty well and I was pretty sure it came from the garage.
I am fucking hung over but I don’t really realize it because the noise has scared me and I am fired up. I am wearing boxers and that’s it.

I get to the garage door and fling it open flooding the garage with light from my Surefire M951, mounted on the M73 rail. Nothing. WTF?! I was sure it came from the garage!
Then the ruckus again! Right outside the door from the garage to the backyard! Fuck!

I fling one of the French doors open from the kitchen to the backyard and step out covering the outside of the garage door to the backyard (where it sounded like the noise came from).

There is nothing there. Then I detect movement in the garbage can full of empties and party garbage. I think, ‘Fuck! A raccoon!’ and I look in.
No, it is our mini-dachshund. SHEISLEGEND woke up in the AM before me and let him out. Somehow he has jumped 5 or 6 times his own height to get in the garbage.
I am pissed. I am standing in my back yard in boxers with an AR15 and the hangover is starting to hit because the adrenaline suddenly fizzles out. I yell at him to get the fuck out and I guess he can tell I am pissed because he once again does the impossible and leaps out of the can back onto the ground (a little easier jumping out than in b/c he is standing on garbage this time).

That's the best story I have. ETA: Thankfully.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:40:31 PM EDT
I once rousted a opossum from my garbage in the middle of the night, the little bastard charged me and I had to put him down.

And that is how I defended my home from the rampaging hordes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:25:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 3:28:21 PM EDT by dilligaff]
Not AR, but home defence story.

True story, one lowly evening playing a pc game in our upstairs bedroom I hear a loud thud on the first floor, didn't think anything of it since we have two kids, but the God damn dog will not stop barking, so I go downstairs to investigate, I see my wife trying to push the front door closed and some asshole on the outherside trying to get in, I quickly ran to the door and was able to get the door closed, this sob was about 6'5" easily 250+ pounds mind you. I tell my wife to go upstairs and get my loaded .45 1911, when I get the weapon in my hand and point it at his forehead (the whole time he's trying to break the glass out of the door, thank God for a 130 yr. old house with very thick glass in that door) he doesn't miss a beat and continues to beat the door.
Meenwhile my wife is on the phone with 911 and the operator can hear the comotion, we had 5 police cars there in no lie, 45 seconds. They drew down on him on my front porch and got him cuffed (no, my weapon was not in site at this point)

Come court time for the State, we found out this guy is bi-polar he was drunk and off of his meds, he had paid another visit just a few minutes before to one of our friends a few doors down so the police were already enroute.

He was sentenced to 18 months in jail, and 36 months probation.

Morale of the story, dogs are mans best friend and keep a gun closer to the door.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:34:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dilligaff:

True story, one lowly evening playing a pc game in our upstairs bedroom I hear a loud thud on the first floor, didn't think anything of it since we have two kids, but the God damn dog will not stop barking, so I go downstairs to investigate, I see my wife trying to push the front door closed and some asshole on the outherside trying to get in, I quickly ran to the door and was able to get the door closed, this sob was about 6'5" easily 250+ pounds mind you. I tell my wife to go upstairs and get my loaded .45 1911, when I get the weapon in my hand and point it at his forehead (the whole time he's trying to break the glass out of the door, thank God for a 130 yr. old house with very thick glass in that door) he doesn't miss a beat and continues to beat the door.
Meenwhile my wife is on the phone with 911 and the operator can hear the comotion, we had 5 police cars there in no lie, 45 seconds. They drew down on him on my front porch and got him cuffed (no, my weapon was not in site at this point)

Come court time for the State, we found out this guy is bi-polar he was drunk and off of his meds, he had paid another visit just a few minutes before to one of our friends a few doors down so the police were already enroute.

Morale of the story, dogs are mans best friend and keep a gun closer to the door.

He's lucky he didn't get a hot lead injection to cure his bi-polar disorder. For eternity.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:21:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:

He's lucky he didn't get a hot lead injection to cure his bi-polar disorder. For eternity.

He's very lucky he didn't come thru that door, I would have killed him, but then I also would have to live with that, don't want to ever have to pull a weapon on another human being again but from that point forward I know I can if given no other choice.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:47:17 PM EDT

He's very lucky he didn't come thru that door, I would have killed him, but then I also would have to live with that, don't want to ever have to pull a weapon on another human being again but from that point forward I know I can if given no other choice.

Take a minute to imagine yourself trying to break in to one home after another, for no reason other than your drunk and an asshole (bi-polar is a very broad term). Have you ever even considered for one tenth of a second that you would try to wrestle open a door from a defenseless woman who you did not know or have any issue with? I have been drunk and angry many times, but something like that has never crossed my mind.

You would have been justified in shooting him. I would have at least have taken out a leg or something.
Top Top